TAG??? You're Kidding me, right???

I’ve never been one to like the game of “tag” as a child. I was never good at it … always looking at something else when playing it … like a flower, the clouds, or the cute boy next to me … so I ALWAYS got caught. Then, when it was my turn to do the tagging, I could NEVER catch anyone. NEVER. The kids I played with were always faster, so I’d find myself a bit frustrated when the suggestion to play the game would come up.

Yesterday, I was tagged (darn!), by my dear blog friend Nicole over at Destination Unknown. She left me a little comment on a post that said simply, “Tag, you’re it!”

“SERIOUSLY?” I thought to myself. I really thought I was done with this tag stuff. Evidently not.

So, here is how this game of tag is played . . . I have to answer the following 8 questions about myself (thank goodness, there is no running involved. I don’t have the right shoes on for that today, so I’m ok. Oh, wait a minute . . . I get the insightful and deep-thinker Nicole to ask me the questions? Oh, great! I feel like a kid again!) Once I answer my questions, I get to TAG 8 of my blog friends with 8 new questions. That’s where the fun part comes in . . . I get to be an Oprah, or perhaps, a Barbara Walters!!

So, without further adieu . . . here are the Q’s from Nicole along with my A’s:

1. If you were allowed to only read one book for the rest of your life - what would you choose? I guess my obvious answer should be the bible. Let's step outside of that for brief moment, though. I would have to bring with me "The Happiness Project", because right now I am trying to really focus on the happiness.

2. Imagine you are on death row, and it's time to pick your last meal - what would it be? Nicole – you are killing me. Death row, huh? (She’s so upbeat, that Nicole, isn’t she?) Ok, I’d HAVE to, hands down, say my ever famous Chicken Broccoli Rice casserole, with a side of Mary Jane salad (both family favorites), maybe a little Strawberry Pretzel Jello, oh, and let’s end it with a great big slice of cheesecake. Yep, that sounds perfect.

3. If you had to do it again (or do it for the first time) - what type of wedding would you have?? It would be completely different . . . I don’t think I would do a destination wedding (because I really don’t like sand through my toes. Well, not unless I’m in a swim suit), so I would do something less extravagant than what I had. I would do a much smaller gathering of may 20 or 30 of my closest family and friends (not the 175 we had), and oh, how I would love to get married in a lovely old home in Oak Park, maybe Frank Lloyd Wright’s home itself, or perhaps in a lovely garden area near the Art Institute of Chicago. And then we would go have a really lovely dinner at a 5-star restaurant in the city. That would be it. Something much simpler and smaller than what we had.

4. If you could live anywhere in the world - where would you choose and what type of dwelling would you live in? Wow … well, considering I haven’t been out of the country very much in my life, I don’t have much to go on. But, I do think that California has some absolutely parts of this country, as well as Arizona. Although, I think I could see myself in a lovely little Italian villa . . .eating pasta (wait – you already asked about food. This question isn’t about food, is it?) Oh, but wouldn’t it be lovely? Maybe having some wine, too? Yes, how lovely. Like the villa in “Under the Tuscan Sun” (Love that movie and LOVE the house she finds).Wherever it is – if I could – I would have a separate little studio where I could create art. All kinds of art – painting, paper crafts, illustrations, everything. But a lovely villa surrounded with flowers and gardens. Oh, I’d have to have air conditioning.

5. What are your thoughts on organized religion? Oh, dear. . . I seriously have to pass on this one. I had an answer all set to go with it, but after re-reading it, it didn't make any sense (the story of my life). So, if you don't mind... I'll table this for a lovely discussion over a cup of coffee some day! ;)

6. Describe your most embarrassing moment! Just one? Gees . . . there have been so many. I think I tend to block out the memory of embarrassing moments, in the hopes that I'll never have to relive them again. But, here goes a little silly one . . . Back in my college days, I was really really smitten with a boy in my Drawing 101 class. His name was Darryl, and he was a very gifted artist (who had NO IDEA who I was.... boy oh boy - did HE miss out, huh?) Anyway, I remember going to an art exhibit at school where Darryl's art was going to be on display. Again, the guy had NO IDEA who I was, but to me - he was dreamy! I got all dressed up and was looking fabulous, of course. As I strolled through the exhibit - I didn't realize that the elastic on my slip had come undone and while I was standing looking so inquisitively at one of HIS pieces of work, my slip fell to the ground around my feet. I don't know how long I was standing there with my slip at my feet - my friend saved me by running over and practically tackling me to pick up the slip - but I was MORTIFIED!!! 

7. What are you most proud of? Can I name 2 things? My daughters and my marriage. Each and every day I look at these two beautiful, lively, energetic, sweet, smart, amazing girls and I am so proud that they came from ME. Seriously. From ME. That’s crazy. And my marriage . . . being married isn’t easy, especially in this day and age. It is would be so easy to give up when the going gets rough – to walk away, to start over. But I made a commitment to this man,(it’s not that it is that difficult), and I am so proud that he and I, together, are committed to each other and to our relationship.

8. Finally... who would be your arch nemesis and why?? That's a tough one. I'm definitely a rose colored glasses kind of girl, so for me to come up with an arch nemesis - that's hard. Oh, boy . . . maybe Martha Stewart. I'd love to just run through her house, pulling up the bedsheets and rolling them into a ball. Or tilting all of her frames on her wall, just to make life a little more 'real'. Silly, huh? 

Now, I get to tag some friends! That is . . .if I can catch them ;). . . So, here goes . . .  




Michelle @ Blissful Babble



Oh, and dear friends . . . here are MY 8 questions for YOU:

1. What is your all-time favorite movie (the one that you can watch over and over, when just hearing it in the back ground is enough to imagine exactly what is happening on the screen)?

2. Tell me about one Halloween costume you remember wearing as a child.

3. Why did you start blogging?

4. What makes you happy?

5. If you were able to go back in time, where would you go and why?

6. What was the last thing you bought at the grocery store?

7. How do you take your coffee? (If you don’t drink coffee … wait, let me get a handle on that … YOU DON’T DRINK COFFEE??? Ok, if you don’t drink coffee, then what is your favorite beverage?)

8. Brag a little . . . tell me about a recent RAK (random act of kindness) that you took part in.

Ok. There you have it. My A's and my Q's for the next unsuspecting bunch. Good luck - ladies. And thanks for playing along. I look forward to reading your answers to my questions!

Comments

  1. LOVE IT!

    The slip story - I actually snorted when I laughed!

    As for Martha Stewart - heck yeah! Can I run thru her house with you. I assume it is very, very big - I take the east wing, you take the west wing!! (Don't forget to raid her craft closet!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I loved your answers and you were a good sport to play along. Nicole tagged me too and I pretended I had to go to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I accidentally hit enter twice!! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shall use this as part of my post tomorrow :o) thank for including me ,and it was so neat to lean more about you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok lady I'll play but only because you said please, oh wait I have to pee first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. crap blogger must be slow cause I hit enter twice to...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED reading this but I have one thing to say. WHAT kind of chocolate fan are you that it wouldn't be in your LAST MEAL!?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there! It is always great to get to know people through these questions. You are right about the Bible! I would like to hear more about that other book. About the diet, I know what you mean about saying it to the world. But I really need to start working on it. I was always a healthy eater and athletic all my life. I just got used to eating too many treats and not exercising like I should. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I've never been tagged before but just for you Leanne I'll play :) I love your answers. The slip story is the best. I'll do my post after the weekend. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed both the questions and your answers! I'm so glad you didn't have to run - I didn't much like tag either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, fun! I'm only checking in at the moment but later tonight I can't wait to get started, both reading everyone else's tags AND writing my own. Thanks Leeanne... so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your embarrassing moment! So real.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was always rubbish at tag. I enjoyed it as an excuse to run around, but I almost never caught anyone. This looks much more fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK! I've played along...sooooo much fun! Thank your for taggin me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great answers Leanne! I'm reading The Happiness Project right now, and I LOVE that movie Under The Tuscan Sun! Thanks for tagging me...these are great questions and I will surely start working on this;) Sneak peek: I could probably watch/listen to Sleepless in Seattle over and over again, it's one of those winter time/cozy/comfort movies that I could just have on in the background with a fire going and maybe getting some housework done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was tagged, too! Need to get that post up, pronto!

    I love that your daughters and your marriage is what you are most proud of! You are certainly a woman with her priorities in order!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!