Has this ever happened to you?

Have you ever hit a brick wall on your blog posts and thought, "That's it . . . I'm done. I've got nothing else to say. Nothing else to enlighten the world with. No other opinion or memory to share. No more stories to tell."?

What do you do when you have spent the past year on a non-stop marathon of writing and sharing and laughing and crying with your newest BFF's in blogland, and all of a sudden you think, "Oh, dear... I got nothing left to tell them."

I'm feeling that way today. All day long - in between a very very productive day at work and a non-stop action filled evening of dinner, baths, snack, Phineas and Ferb, story reading and snuggle time - I've been thinking about what I could possibly write tonight in my blog. And I've got . . .  nothing.

Has this ever happened to you?

What do you do?

Do you ever worry that if you take a few days off, your blog friends will forget you? Or your followers will move on to other blogs that provide them with more enlightening thoughts? And your comments will slowly dwindle down to your dear friend PK (because she always comments!) and maybe your mother-in-law. You're own Mom wont leave a comment because in the past year she still hasn't figured out how to leave a comment on your blog, so you can't even count your Mom into the comment mix.

What if the dear friends who have listed you on their blog rolls have sudden decided that they were tired of your humdrum life. That perhaps your cute little caricature blog header is a little boring now, and no longer sparks a smile when viewed. Oh, dear.

I mean, I know it hasn't been that long. But I honestly don't think I have ever been at a loss for something to write. I usually have two or three things on the burner at all times - just waiting for the right moment to be set free. But tonight - nothing, except these thoughts of nothing - that are clogging my brain. Nothing creative. Nothing inspiring. Nothing . . . hopeful. Augh . . . .

So, can you share some hope with me? Do you ever worry that maybe your . . . done? I pray not. But I'd love to know what you have done when you've lost the words  . . . your comments, as always, are so appreciated.

Comments

  1. I've been at loss for words most of the summer. Maybe because I have been busy with life and not skincare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a few valleys, but no complete droughts in terms of posting ideas. It seems like they come in fits and spurts, so I try to schedule them out now so I can even out those peaks and valleys. But when I feel ideas drying up, I go to my friends' blogrolls and find some new blogs to read. I usually then get inspired to do something.

    or, when all else fails, blog about blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly - I am usually at a loss! LOL, and my comments are always a few (if I get more than 6 I am shocked) -sooo.. I honestly think you have NO worries. And see - having nothing to talk about GAVE you something to talk about. I will never grow tired of your stories - you are SUCH a GREAT story teller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can just take a break until it feels right to write again :-) I've done that. Or, share some of your pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never fear, your faithful readers are here! Writers block happens, or life takes over but once a blogger, always a blogger!

    My mother in law is a faithful reader of mine but has yet to figure out how to comment as well! She just prints them off.

    Hang in there, I'm not going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im always at a loss!!! Im new at this and always wonder if anyone reads mine:( But i really enjoy doing it and i REALLY Enjoy reading yours!!! Keep up the great Blog this one was very helpful lets me know im not the only one:O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seem to either have too many ideas, or nothing at all!

    Great post, though....!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all go through creative dry spells, you're brain will kick-start again in no time. :)

    When all else fails, try blog-prompts: http://www.successful-blog.com/1/10-prompts-to-start-a-blog-post-when-your-screen-is-blank/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leanne even your 'nothing' is inspiring! Your posts always make me smile. Sometimes I wonder if my readers get too tired of hearing from me. Isn't that funny? You know like 'How many more projects can Anna post?' and 'Does she ever sleep?' I think you've just been so creative lately (which all looks fab btw) so it's ok to take a blog break now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, I know the feeling!! Going thru the same right now. I started a post when I got home from work and it's still sitting in my drafts. Just can't pull it together! I think Anna's right, though. Even your nothing is entertaining and inspiring. I also feel that because I don't post every day that I don't have as many readers. But then again, I don't have as much time to visit and post comments to all the Lady Bloggers and other blog help sites. You're doing fine, LW!! No panic...it only makes it worse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's OK to feel this way. We all have at times! I have a new system that helps me. When I have an idea for a blog post, I put the idea on a yellow sticky note and put it on my wall. When I am feeling low in inspiration, I just pull one off and work on it.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the LAST year we will EVER be 30-something - discuss...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dude did your friend Mary just tell everyone your 39...not cool :).
    Yes I go days without a post, I have thought about dumping the blog because I have no time to write or read others blogs. I wish I could spend hours reading other blogs...get good ideas and make new friends.
    my mom told me the other day...sometimes letting the dishs sit so you can do something you love (like read) is how you find joy.
    A great way to get good posts is to find "dumb" books or Mags and make fun of them...I once found a book called "Crap" and wrote a post on it. Crazy the things you find at the Libray.
    Take a break if you need to but please don't stop blogging...I'd miss you and its all about me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, my dear how could I leave you? I mean you have become a friend in the truest sense of the word. So what that we've never actually met face to face. I feel like I know you and I believe if I ever had real trouble in my life I could email you and you would honestly help me!! So, really, I'm not going anywhere...even if all you do is post a couple of sentences once a month...although I don't think that will ever happen my dear. You are too witty!!

    Love,
    Me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd stick by ya until you told me to stop showing up ;) No one shows up to my blog for witty stories so when I'm not painting, I think the same thing. In the end- I do it for myself and BFF's who are worth Treasuring will always remain ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!