The Books I DIDN'T read this Summer

(aka . . . The Books I WILL read this Fall)

I had the best intentions when putting together my N.O.N. (Nightstand Of Novels) for summer reading. "Sure," I thought, "I'll definitely get through these. . . easy."

Right?

Nope. Dead Wrong.

How could I even remotely think I could complete all of them? PG was out of town for 3 weeks, the kids were home ALL DAY LONG, and I work. Not to mention the housework, cooking, grocery shopping, that darn garden (yes, let's blame it on the garden.) Oh, yeah, and . . . I guess I do need to sleep for at least 4 hours a day, right? (Notice how I ever cautiously left 'blogging' off of the list of why I didn't get my reading done. I'm smart . . . I know better than to name the real deterrent!) So my "N.O.N." has become my NON-reading stack. Bummer.

The one book I DID read: Eat, Pray, Love. Yep - the one they made into a movie. I could have probably just saved that one for a later date, and just waited for the movie. Ah, well.

Oh, how I wish there were more hours in the day so that I could squeeze a little reading in. My Mom is an avid reader. When she's really drawn into a book, she could complete it in a weekend - sometimes  multiple books in one weekend. I guess after raising 4 kids, working a successful full-time job and often a second part-time job, being involved in our church, attending activities for 4 kids, and doing all the things she did for years and years - she deserves to sit and read as long as she wants. Don't you think?

Some day, I hope to sit and read just like her. Until then, I'll keep this "Nightstand Of Novels" right where they are . . . school starts in one week, and maybe then I can find a little time for me and my books.

sigh.

How lovely that would be.

Comments

  1. Haha, I LOVE it! A "sister in Chaos" AND a book collector - umm, I mean avid reader - too! I really want to read The Happiness Project. And I think that reading the books before they are movies can be just fine...books very often give you more detail, so there will be a little more insight maybe if the movie has things that don't seem complete. I haven't read the book, but plan to see the movie...if you go see the movie, let me know what you think of it compared to the book! Would love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you HAVE the books. It's a start. I can't even say that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya!! I've got a stack of unfinished ones myself. I haven't picked up Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang yet but I have a feeling I'll be laughing hysterically once I do!! I started with the middle book and now i'm reading her first - out of order yes but hey i'm reading! HA!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes.. fall reading wrapped in a blanket with a pumpkin spice latte - I don't see any problem with that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed The Happiness Project, and I plan on reading The Thirteenth Tale.
    My sister's book club just read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and my sister hated it (she said it was too graphic for her tastes) -- but the rest of her club liked it a lot. My Dad just gave me the 2nd book in the set...so I guess I should read the 1st one now, huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep picking up books from the library and then I run out of time and never get past a few chapters. I think my finished book count was much higher before I discovered blogging but they couldn't possibly be related right ;)
    The Thirteenth Tale has been on my list too. I'll make that my Fall list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and I are in the same boat, sister! I've got a NON myself. In fact, as I type I should be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading but can't tell you the last book I picked up. I hear about good books all the time (many of them have made you N.O.N..)

    It's hard juggling everything. I'm just happy when the laundry is done and dinner is on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leanne, that's exactly what you do...you read your novels while the girls do their "homework". It shows them just how important it is to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought that book 1000 artist journal pages this summer!!:) LOVE it. Soooo inspiring.
    I see you have journal revolution, too. Oh and that happiness project, let me know what you think about that as I've wanted that one, too.

    I know what you mean about reading. It's my second passion!! I LOVE it. I read all the time...but books are hard for me. I am always so tired by the time night rolls around.

    Sure hope we both get the chance soon. Oh and have you seen Eat Pray Love yet? Em and I want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My stack's bigger than your stack.

    ReplyDelete
  12. just finished reading "The Secret Life of Bees" Great read. I'll have to choose from your list above. If you were to pick one for me which would it be.
    fyi-i'm hosting a great giveaway for 1 free bumpy books book. It's a multisensory book that helps you teach your kids to read. My kids really love it
    drop by at your leisure to enter to win at www.threejewelsinmycrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many on your pile are also on my list. Seems like I didn't read anything this summer. I do look forward to the kids going back to school so I can read while they do their homework ... it's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!