What I know for sure . . .

Just a few of the things I've learned this week . . .
  • I am still multi-creatively challenge. Seems that as I focus on creative projects involving the camera or paint, I loose all focus on writing for my blog. This makes me sad : (  . . . please hang in with me as I explore this renewed creative spirit! I promise to be back to much more thought provoking posts soon!.
  • Being a "single" parent is the hardest role in the world. I am NOT a "single" parent - although PG is now on day 18 of his 25 day business trip. I am drained and exhausted, I'm tired of not having any "me" time (with the exception of a few hours Friday evening.) I applaud all those single parents out there who have no support - and those families who may have a parent gone for long periods of time, I say, "HATS OFF TO YOU!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!"
  • Having my Mom and sister over yesterday was so very helpful . . . why can't they just move in for the next week? Actually - I would even deliver the girls over to their houses for the next 7 days. Yes, I think that is a lovely idea!
  • Just because your 7 year old says they can take a bath on their own, doesn't necessarily mean that they can. 8 soaking wet towels later . . . and that is the lesson I learned. 
  • Creating some form of art feels very similar to me as the joy of giving birth. I remember thinking moments after both Katie and Ella were born how absolutely beautiful these two little beings were, and how I couldn't believe I "made" them. I've had similar feelings for some of the art I have been working on this week. I don't expect everyone to completely understand it, but for me - painting is so rewarding and I feel so proud of what the end result is. It's a wonderful feeling. I kind of like this whole "bottle being uncorked" concept of art that I am doing this week (see my last post, as well as the above photo of something I did yesterday). I like the symbol of your wishes and dreams in the bottle being "set free". I may have to do more like this. :) 
  • Red wine (even one small glass with a lovely lasagna dinner) makes me very relaxed and sleepy . . . hence the 8 wet towels during the 7 year-olds bath. The couch just felt WAY too good to get off of.
  • Paints that say "waterproof" really aren't - it requires a great deal of soap and good ol'fashion elbow grease to get them off of skin and clothing.
  • A voice mail from a dear dear friend telling me that I inspire her can be the very best message a person could ever receive (thanks, Kath!)
  • Doing something creative every 31 Days is not as challenging as I thought it would be - and it's Oh-So-Good for my soul. Blogging about it . . . now, that's the true challenge.
  • There are some things in life that just don't matter . . . (as I tried to tell my Mom yesterday). I'm not sweating the small stuff these days, and it feels WONDERFUL!!!
  • The comments left on my blog from some amazingly insightful people can truly send me a flight of gratitude. I am so grateful of the support and kindness many of you give me daily.
  • I can't wait until the movie "Eat, Pray, Love" comes out. You may remember that I have been reading that book for some time. I truly struggled with the "pray" section of the book, but am now moving on to the "love" part, and am really enjoying it again. Today Katie sat at the kitchen table and read the title of the book out loud. "Eat, Pray, Love," she said. "It's kind of like all that you need, right Mom?" she asked. "What do you mean, honey?" I replied. "Well, it's all you need in life. You need to EAT so you have the energy to live and grow and be healthy. You PRAY so you have something to believe in and have someone to watch over you. And you LOVE each other - the people you live on the earth with. So, Eat, Pray, Love. Right?" she asked. "Yep, honey. You've got it right. That's all you need in life." I answered.
  • Raising my daughters to live an INSPIRING LIFE is the very best thing I've ever done. Hands down.

Comments

  1. Love all this insight and that you are, despite being very, very busy, still managing to take care of the creative flame within yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED learning these things about you! I so really need to get that book..thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of my daily inspirations. Just keep on being you:)

    Sure wish me, you, Angie, Cindi, Peggy and all our other Bloggy friends could go see that movie together. Wouldn't that be COOL?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband travels a lot and I know it can be really hard to do everything alone. That is great that you had family come and help! Thank you for the sweet comment! My daughter just loves our doggie! Have a great night! Hang in there!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will never tire of KJ's insights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband doesn't travel but he's sure been busy, I rarely see him let alone able to spend some quality time together. It will pass, the summers are like that for him so Even though it's been crazy and hectic for you feeling like a single mom at least you have your girls.

    Hang in there and go see a movie! I think I want to see "Vampires Suck"
    It's a spoof from the Twilight series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your Katie stories - what an amazing girl! I still wish we lived close so we could go watch Eat, Pray, Love together and our daughters could hang out!

    I've been meaning to tell you - the other day my daughter was telling me something that sounded a little fishy so I must have given her a questioning look... she responded by pulling her bangs off her forehead and saying, "See Mom, I'm not lying! No red dot!"

    I immediately thought of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red wine is fabulous, and should be required by law when it comes to pairing with a pasta dinner.

    my SIL is a huge fan of that author and has her very own signed copy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing a fantastic job being you - mom, artist, wife, daughter, friend....and Katie's observation on Eat, Pray, Love - she's so smart, brought a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. I miss being able to blog or have any me time. I'm not doing very well at the challenge either. That's with TWO parents here for everything. I have NO IDEA how anyone does it any other way. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!