Time to STOP & Smell the Roses! {Day 17}

My friend Sherri over at The Tightwad Chick wrote a great post this week on "Smelling the Roses" (you can link to it here). I absolutely LOVE Sherri - not only because is she my favorite hot-headed Italian, but she happens to be my next door neighbor, who constantly cracks me up and makes me smile! She is a hard working lady, who does absolutely EVERYTHING for her kids, and I am constantly in awe at how she fits it all in. She is constantly running from swim practice, to football practice, from work, to grocery shopping. From here to there. I don't know how she does it.

Her post this week was about how fast the summer is going - and how she hasn't taken the time to STOP and smell the roses. She goes on to list a bunch of things she plans on doing to STOP . . . they each tug at my heart strings. Well done, Sher!!!

SO, I'm joining Sherri on the "Stop and Smell the Roses" theme. . . and making my own list. Here are my plans for the remainder of summer, and for smelling the roses . . . This post actually is quite fitting with Leslie from {Words of Me Project} and her 31 Days. Write. Create. Be. challenge. I fell off the wagon of these creative challenges a little while PG was out of town . . . but I'm stepping back on board and taking off once again. Click here to link to Leslie's recent post today {Day 17} where she talks about recognizing the things you VALUE in life.

Now, to my roses . . .
  • I vow to stop doing whatever it is I am doing when Ella says, "Momma, Momma, Momma!" and look her in the eyes as she tells me exactly what it is that she wants to tell me.
  • I vow to stop doing whatever it is I am doing when Katie says, "Mommy, will you play with me?" and go and play with her. She will only be asking me this for a short time before playing with Mom will be lame.   
  • I vow to not worry about the little things that quickly pile up . . . the dusting, the vacumming, the laundry. They will get done whenever I get to them. It's ok to STOP.  
  • I vow to make time for the friendships that matter. To make the phones calls or send the notes to those people who mean so much to me, and letting them know that I care about them.
  • I vow to sit next to my husband and hold his hand when he asks me to. Those little things above can wait. When we are old and gray, we may not have eachothers hands to hold. I'm going to hold his more now.  
  • I vow to take time for myself to READ. I miss it. I need it.
  • (This one, I'm borrowing from Sherri) I vow to take a deep breath and look around at what I have and not what I don't have.
So there you have it. My little list of things to remember as I STOP and smell the roses. And a special thanks to Sherri, for giving me this idea . . . it's a great one!
Do you want to join me? Feel free to leave a comment below with your "roses". I'd love to know!

Comments

  1. Hmmm will have to stop and think about this ...great post though, we often do not take that time , and it is so simple and budget friendly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! With school coming up, things are going to get more hectic. I'm going to stop playing on my computer when my son walks into the room just in case he wants to talk.

    Thanks Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I REALLY love this. All those things you vowed...exactly what I need to vow to do. My son is 5 and sweet little guy...is always asking us to play. We should. Life is too short. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this reminder. I have 3 roses myself (my hubby and 2 little girls) that I need to enjoy as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!! And it fits with our Creativity Challenge today. Be sure and stop by for my spiel:)

    I love your list.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leanne, Katy and Ella....have a BLAST creating today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure wish me and Em lived close by...we would come with you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. kate's been interesting in playing hair salon lately, and i've had to force myself to walk away from the 'puter and sit on the ground while she wields a brush and barrette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must be feeling a bit emotional today as your vows nearly had me in tears! (really)

    Thanks for the great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Leanne I can relate to everyone of them.
    I vow to worry less about the things that don't matter and spend more time holding on to what does.

    You inspire me everyday! Big Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post!!! I have certainly been guilty of only looking at what I don't have for a while now. I'm going to have to make my list and let you know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love ur list:O) In my life ive had lots of Life Interuptions..so I faithfully take time to smell the roses and love my kids and my hubby and BREATH because i was a real bad OCD person:O)...By the way congrats and I sent u an email!!:O) have a great nite keep up the great posts~ Isabel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!