Born to be Wild

I have a little secret I'm about to share with you . . . . it hit me as I drove behind a motorcycle guy this weekend. I, Leanne, dream of someday being a motorcycle chick. Or, a trike chick. Or, a Harley girl. Or, whatever you want to call it. CRAZY, huh?

Now, if we put aside all of the obvious concerns and safety issues with motorcycle riding, and just allow me to dream a little as if this was a perfect world, and accidents and injuries NEVER happen . . . I would just  LOVE to ride across country on a motorcycle. To really SEE the world without any barriers. To BE, on my bike. With PG riding beside me. To stop at little roadside places and swing my leg off of my bike like a regular Pinky Tuscadero. That, SERIOUSLY, would be the COOLEST thing in the world, don't you think?

Friday afternoon I found myself driving behind a motorcycle guy for a few miles, and I was in absolute awe of him. Of his freedom. Of his bandana. Of the camaraderie that he had with any fellow motorcycle passerby. I love the little head bob greetings they give each other, fellow bike riders, as they pass each other on a road. It's this brotherhood (or in my case, sisterhood) of respect and understanding for that freedom on the road. So very cool.

The closest I've ever come to riding was in Key West, Florida, on our honeymoon. We rented those little moped scooters so we could get around the island easily one afternoon. I was NOT the most confident rider at all, and was petrified. Which is why I'm really more of a trike girl . . . I think that extra wheel in the back would be all that I need. I would love the thrill of it. . .

I mean, just imagine . . . . could you see it?

Now THAT is COOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Oh! You should do it--just for an afternoon! Here's hoping life will present you with the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see that, especially with that cool bandana on your head! Don't smile so much, though, it takes away from that whole Biker Chick look...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the tattoo? That'll complete the look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to cute Missy! Yeah, you don't want to smile because the bugs will get in your teeth and your face will become a human windshield.

    We have scooters and I love riding them in the summer, but I hate the bugs pelting me, especially when we go by the orchards.

    It is cool how the other motorcycles accept a scooter peeon and give the the hand sign we pass one another.

    You should go for it! There's lots of biker chicks out there I'm just not brave enough, I'll stick with my scooter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're on to something! I used to want a motorcycle and then my father-in-law bought me an Indian Motorcycle t-shirt and that did the trick! Turns out I just wanted some cool paraphanilia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go for it girl! There is NOTHING like the feel of riding a motorcycle down the highway and knowing you are in control of that massive piece of steel!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! You would be THE coolest wild mama on the road Leanne. The freedom of a bike sounds so inviting doesn't it? The closest I've ever come was on a Moped too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH.MY.GOD!!! you put yourself...on a motorcycle...with a bandana! AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm jealous not of your dream for a bike, but your ability to create that digital masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I envy your photoshop skills!

    Yes, riding a bike is a way of life. My dad is in the brotherhood.

    Leanne, I can totally imagine you seeing the world on the back of a bike! Go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost fell off my chair! That's hysterical! So YOU...call Scott so I can actually see this in action!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey you Wild Child! I would have never of thought. When you see my hubby Nick, ask him about me and motorcycles.

    I love it!! Wild Child

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally cool chick! That is really neat! I love that cute illustration of you! You go girl! You can rent a motorcycle. My brother in law did and loved it! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are cracking me up!!! My Mom rides a harley. I tell her all the time "How the hell am I supposed to tell my children they can't if Grandma DOES???" She's crazy! She even named him Thor. I'll have to email you some photos of my 56 year old Mom cruising on her bike!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popped in from Lady bloggers! How cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!