I Miss My Friends :(

Earlier this week, I started thinking about my Friends. I miss them. I'm wondering how they are. Are Rachel and Ross together? How are Monica and Chandler? Did Joey ever make it as an actor? What about Pheobs? Is she still as awesome as she was back then (and is she still singing about her smelly cat?)?
When Friends went off the air, I was so so so sad. I guess it's not healthy to become so obsessed with a television show - but I went through some great college years spending my Thursday nights with these people. I had come to LOVE these characters so much - and even to this day, I can't help but tune in to their re-runs when I see them on.

Then I started thinking about those other televisions shows that I miss terribly . . . like this one . . .
Ah, West Wing!!! So exciting. Is Santos still in office? How is President Barlett? Where is CJ now? Are Josh and Donna together? and God Bless Leo (*sigh*). Yes, I loved this show, too. SO well written - SO well acted - SO good. But I guess all good things must, eventually, come to an end.

I was so excited when this next show came out, from the creators of West Wing . . .
I LOVED STUDIO 60!!! I can NOT believe it wasn't on longer than one season! I think they really goofed up putting it on a MONDAY NIGHT!!! (What the h*** where those T.V. people thinking??? Monday!! NO WAY!) This totally filled my West Wing void - then . . . BAM . . . off the air. I totally dislike that this didn't make it. It was a GREAT show!

Then there was this group . . .
I'm going back to this original cast on this one . . . LOVED ER (especially in the early years.) LOVED that it took place in Chicago (and often showed some great shots of my city). And George Clooney - hubba hubba. Yes, I loved that show. . .

Next, how can I forget . . .
The mystery, the magic, the darkness . . .Buffy was the original Twilight, before Twilight was "in". Truly a FANTASTIC cast and so well written and directed (love Joss Whedon). The musical episode of Buffy was one of the best, most clever and creative moments in television (seriously) - and I so miss this show. PG and I used to watch it every week early on in our relationship . . . it was our 'thing'. We LOVE Buffy!!

What I've recognized by this little stroll down memory lane is that I not a one person kind of fan - I need to feel the relationships taking place between the players of the show. I need the writing to be good - the acting to be better - and the story to unfold. As I'm sure you are aware, I'm all about the stories.

So, these are just a few of the people I really miss. Ah, well. I guess all good things must come to an end, huh?  

How about you? Any shows you miss? I'd love to know . . .

Comments

  1. Those are my favs too! Especially WW and Studio 60! I think you and I would've been hanging in the dorm eating popcorn with butter and watching the same shows! Wow! I really abuse the exclamation point, don't I?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leanne! My "Friends" soul sister! You know I have all 10 seasons of Friends on DVD. There. I admit it:) It's my comfort TV...I miss it too...boohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my friends at "Fraiser" that I miss so much! Luckily I have all the shows on DVD's, so they sort of, kind of live on my shelf now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I didn't watch much TV in the first place, but since recently finding it necessary to cut down on as many unnecessary costs as possible, I no longer have cable. We only get 2-1/2 channels at our house (as my son puts it - lol). I miss Gray's Anatomy a LOT. And What Not to Wear. Ironically, we now watch all the reruns of Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite TV show is Friday NIght Lights. I cannot wait for that to be on again!! I have missed them all summer long:)

    I bawled my eyes out when ER went off the air:(

    Dexter is like our obsession at the moment!!

    {i have only seen one episode of Friends...i know that and chocolate...sheeseh...you are really gonna start rethinking this friendship, right?}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends was a classic! I feel bad that Jennifer A. never really found her niche on the big screen. I haven't enjoyed any of her movies other than Marley and Me.

    Yeah, Friends is where it was at!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss Buffy...I totally love all those sci fi , Vampire type things , the well done ones anyway. I miss X-Files ( the early years) and I know there is more, but I have brain fog LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Friends too. I wanted to live in that apartment! And Buffy was also fun although my fave was Charmed. It was so over the top and silly but I liked that it was suppose to be set in San Francisco (where I use to live) even if it was filmed in So.Cal. Now my other fave show, Ghost Whisperer, just got cancelled too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, West Wing for sure... I do miss Seinfeld and we started watching those reruns recently. Frasier is another one. I'm not going to mention any of the guilty pleasures of the 80's (Dynasty, Dallas, Knots Landing). Those were definitely a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. we loved Studio 60, too! and did you ever watch the show, "ed"? our fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss friends too!! My husband hates that show and never lets me watch the reruns...he says they were all living in sin and having unwed sex and making it look like thats what 20somethings do. Well it was what I did at 20 something, not that I'm saying it was the right thing to do cause it was not, but so did he! WTH he's a stick in the mud.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Studio 60, too. Also, Freaks and Geeks (great show)and Sports Night (also an Aaron Sorkin gem).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!