Here Fishy Fishy! I've got some juicy worms for you!!!

Two sentences that I would have sworn would NEVER pass my lips . . .

"Here Fishy Fishy! I've got some juicy WORMS for you!!!"

Oh, Lord, help me now.

Ok, let me start at the beginning.

We are on day 24 of PG's (aka: Phil Guy, the husband, the daddy, the man of all men) 25 day business trip, and boy oh boy - I can't WAIT until tomorrow, when the girls and I will head to Midway Airport to pick up our guy! While the past 24 hours had been particularly stressful at home with the girls, I have to say that overall - we did a FANTASTIC job! We created A LOT, we laughed, we cooked, we cleaned, and we even fished. Ok, let's get to that last one, shall we?

So, last night my phone rang. I answered it. And on the other end was PG's Mom, Grandma Lill, who asked if we had any plans for this morning. Since we had no plans, I said, "Nope, we're open!" "Great," she said, "I'd like to take the girls fishing!"

"GREAT!!!" I said, and very quickly pictures flashed through my mind of all the things that I could do while Grandma Lill and the girls fished. OH, it was going to be a lovely time. I could . . . clean the house, do laundry, or perhaps sit and finish Eat, Pray, Love that I've been reading all summer. Oooo, I could go shopping to Costco and stock up on meals for the week, I could steal a few quiet moments at Starbucks all alone. Or perhaps . . . dare I dream it? I could get a  P E D I C U R E? Oh, it was lovely . . . that is, until I heard, "But, I think I need you to go with us, because I'm not sure if I could handle Katie and Ella. I would need you there for help with Ella." 

You know when things kind of happen in slow motion? In my head, at that very moment, I envisioned a car coming to a screeching halt and crashing into a brick wall. Did she just say, "I NEED YOU TO GO WITH US??" Seriously . . . . have you met me?

Now, let me remind all of you dear blog friends . . . I am NOT a fishing type of girl. Nope, not at all. It's not that I don't support all those girls out there who are fishing type of girls. But me - I just am NOT one of them. I am the same girl who hates the heat, who is not a fan of gardening or mowing the lawn, who doesn't even care to take care of a neighbors little beta fish when they are away, and who would rather have a tooth pulled and visit the gynecologist at the very same time, INSTEAD OF FISHING! (Sorry for the visual there, but I think you get my point, right?)

"Sure . . . . I'd  LOVE to go!" I said.

Augh. The things we do for our children.

So, this morning at 10AM, there I was . . . fishing.

Pretty impressive hold on that pole, don't you think? Before long Katie caught her very first fish . . .
Then Ella . . .
And OMGoodness - you WON'T believe this . . . but I caught a fishy, too!
Yes, that's ME and my FISH. Don't make fun of the hat . . . it was sunny and WARM out there, and we all know how much I dislike the heat, right?

After a couple of hours and about 20 fish later, we took a break for lunch. It was at that moment that I actually admitted to having . . . fun . . . while . . . fishing. There, I've said it.

I had to laugh to myself at one moment, as I reflected on the adventures of the day while my fancy little bobbin' thingamajig floated gently in the water (I sound like a real fisherman now, don't I?) Anyway, driving past on us on the road near the lake was a man in a jeep. He was BLASTING his radio . . . the song playing was John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy." For a minute I was sure that someone must have paid him to drive past me blasting that song - for I am far from a Country Girl . . . but you know what they say . . .

If the shoe fits. . .

Well, Hee-haw! I think I make a pretty darn cute Country Girl! ;)  And I'm so glad that I spent this day with my two little fishing girls. We had a fantastic time, and they were so proud of their Momma . . . and I have to say, it was a day I will never forget.

Have any unforgettable days lately where you did something outside of your norm? I'd love to know about them . . . .

Comments

  1. I have been BANNED from fishing for life. All because I went once and was 100% sure that I caught the loch ness monster. While shrieking, I dropped a fishing pole into the inlet. Apparently, the borrowed pole cost several hundred dollars. My dad was pissed. Funny, right?

    Glad you enjoyed some time with the little ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by. That was such a killer surprise by GiGi!
    Now this fishing thing. Ew. Sorry, but I can't handle it.
    Even worse for me though? a TWENTY-FIVE day business trip?!
    God. Bless. You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain...my nine year old is obsessed with fishing, and I went with him the other day, and now will be on Monday as well...he loves it...I well..do it for the love of him...great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl I am IMPRESSED! My family ADORES fishing and I. do. not. I mean I am scared to DEATH of water {can u say Jaws.....}

    Anyway, I go and I....

    read. Yep, I take a book or my journal and read or write.

    Or do anything BUT fish:)

    You are a good, good mama.

    And Hee-Haw...you make a FANTASTIC country girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutest country girl ever! Your hubby will be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Leanne - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures. Too adorable! Congrats on your fish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never in a million years did I expect to see this!!! I think I'm seeing things! Love the hat, girl....you rock that hat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!