Am I supposed to bring cheese to that Mouse, or not?

Alright . . . we're doing it. . . a few weeks ago, I spent the afternoon at my Mom's coordinating our upcoming FAMILY VACATION trip to Disney. Yes, Disney. Pinch me, I must be dreaming . . .

You see, I've never been there.

Never ever.

Neither has my Mom. Or my daughters.

So, we're calling out the stops, gathering a slew of family members, and hopping on a plane to the ol'Magic Land of all Magic Lands as we make Disney World our home for one week in September.

Holy Cow. I have no idea what to imagine. But the planning alone that this trip requires is enough to put any Mickey Mouse lover into therapy. Do you know we've had to make reservations for all of our meals, like, MONTHS in advance? I don't even know what I'm having for dinner tonight - yet I'm expected to make dinner reservations with Mickey, or Belle, or Cinderella, like, MONTHS in advance? Yikes.

So, we've mapped out our days. The spreadsheet is full of reservation numbers and confirmation letters and park hours and ticket information and all the things necessary to make this time at the "Happiest Place on Earth" truly the happiest time ever. I'm looking for autograph books, as I understand these are an essential for the girls to have with them. I'm reading about "Hidden Mickey's" and all the secrets of the parks. I've started riding my exercise bike every single day, too, as "Disney Training" is officially begun in my home . . . I hear the walking is INSANE!!! So, I'm getting ready.

Did I mention this is a FAMILY Trip? So, those of us joining the Mickey Wagon: PG, Katie, Ella, my Mom, my Mother-in-Law, my sister, my brother-in-law, my brother, my sister-in-law, and me. Yep, that's 10 of us, folks. 10. YIKES.

But, I'm thrilled. All because of these three people . . . 
We are going to have some pretty fun times and create some pretty amazing memories for our family. Seriously - I can't even begin to imagine what it is going to be like, seeing the girls faces and expressions as they discover the magic of Disney World. I think this is the very best time to take them (Katie's 7 and Ella is 3 1/2). And I.can't.wait!

As I'm sure so many of you have been there . . . do you have any pointers? Any things I should consider? Things I shouldn't miss? I'd love to know . . . so please leave me a comment.

The other thing I'm looking forward to? Well, with 6 additional adults there, I'm hoping PG and I could sneak out for a few hours and enjoy a lovely dinner together - or perhaps a few moments of quiet peace just he and I. I mean, the magic of Disney isn't for the kids alone, is it?

Yippie!!!!

Oh, and one more thing . . . no worries about missing me while I am gone. I have gone ahead and set up some AMAZING GUEST WRITERS to post on my blog during our trip! They have a few more weeks to get their words to me . . . but I'm telling you - I have complete and total faith that these friends are going to produce some pretty incredible and insightful words for ALL in my absence. I've requested PULITZER WORTHY material, people, so LOOK OUT!!!

Until then - you still have a few weeks stuck with me and my non-pulitzer material! ;)

In the meantime - share your favorite Disney memory, or give me a pointer or two. I greatly appreciate it!!

Comments

  1. Wow, you will have so much fun! Even though I live in California, we've only been to Disneyland once and Disney World once, and my kids are 12 and 16! I know people that go all.the.time.

    The best advice I would give, from when my son was 3ish and we went, is just to be patient and flexible! He loved things I didn't think he would love (characters, especially!) and didn't care much about others.

    How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so excited for you, but even exciteder* for your girls!! I took Mols when she was exactly 4 weeks old (!!!) to Epcot and it was a dream- I even nursed her on one of the rides. Weird, but true.

    *too excited, in fact, to be bothered with grammar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Lady Bloggers. Hope you have a fantastic trip! I've never been to Disneyworld, only Disneyland and from what I hear it's not the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you tons of fun! I've been with my daughters, & as a child, many times. I agree with Sherri's advice. I drastically reduced my schedule after the first day with my daughter ~ sensory overload hit me first I think, lots of stimuli, walking, heat, crowds etc so don't beat yourself up if you don't make/see every ride & every stop on your schedule. It'll still be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! Yay for Disney world!! you are going to have an amazing time!! We've been to Disneyland a couple of times and had a total BLAST!! I can only imagine what Disney World would be like...like bigger and better!!

    Take tons of pictures so you can blog about it when you guys get back! I'm so excited for you I can't stand it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and PG need to take the shuttle to Pleasure Island. Lots of restaurants and fun pubs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great trip!! I love going to Disney and have many times over the years with my now teenagers. September should be a great time; a little cooler and not so crowded! Remember to pace yourself and schedule some down time daily. It is tempting to try to go into the parks from when the open until when it close everyday, but this will make for some exhausted and cranky people. Enjoy the moments, take lots of pictures and as your daughters are over 3 years apart in age, they may have some different ride interests....so enlist your army of adults to assist with getting them to separate rides if necessary. Disney is sooooo much fun, I hope that you have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we just went in April! we did not stay on the grounds, though. remind me of how old your girls are? maddie made is treacherous, but we vow to go again once she is older!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok I got SO excited when you said you were headed to Disney, then I saw the "world" part and thought "ahhh man" for selfish reasons obviously! I mean it's FANTASTIC that your having a huge family vacation and taking the girls to Disney world but I'd be so much happier if it were DisneyLAND. Then we could meet!!! Oh well, have a blast!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, it's been a few years since we went, but THE one thing we did EVERY day faithfully that made our lives SO much better...was to go to the park early, then mid-day stop everything, go to the hotel, go swimming, then have nap time...then we would go back out to the park in the late afternoon/early evening until it closed. My kids were 8 and 10, so a little older and quite a bit easier to deal with, but still... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oy...LOL, I did not realize you'd already been tagged, and I tagged you here: http://michelechastain.blogspot.com/2010/08/tag-im-it.html

    You are a popular lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah Leanne...you are going to LOVE it!! I am so excited for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kids were 4 and 2 1/2 when we last went and it was a great time. Sherri's advice is great. you neverknow what the kids are really going to key on and love. It's not usually what you expect.

    Afternoon rest times are key, especially if you're staying on property. Go chill at the hotel for 2-3 hours in the afternoon to replenish yourselves for big nights at the park.

    And...not sure if they still make these or not, but Nike Free Mary Jane walking shoes are what I wore every day in Disney. They are seriously some of the most comfortable shoes you'll wear, and they're much lighter than sneakers. I highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being as I have never been to Disney (yes, I'm another deprived child) I have no memories other than jealousy of cousins who DID get to go! And yearly!

    Have an AMAZING time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!