Eat, Pray, Love

Just returned from Eat, Pray, Love . . . and it was . . . wonderful.

I am a Julia Roberts fan, and have SO been enjoying reading the book this summer, so I knew going into it that chances are I was going to LOVE it. And yes, it did not disappoint.  I know that most films adapted from books are usually missing something from the original source, and there were a few moments when I felt they were 'rushing' it a bit . . . but how long can my bottom really sit in those movie theater seats afterall? I mean, the 2 hour mark in most films is when things start falling asleep. So, I understand they had to move it along. All in all - I was so completely thrilled with the outcome! I joined along in this amazing, self discovery journey. And at the end, my heart was FULL.

I am feeling peace. I am feeling whole. I want to meditate. I want to travel. I want to get to know myself again.  (Of course, the whole evening may have been even more of a joy as it was my first evening out without children in quiet some time.) But whatever it is that is causing this feeling - I'm going to enjoy it a little bit longer.
Photo image from a scene in the movie Eat, Pray, Love - found by Google Image Search

Comments

  1. I just got back, and yes .. it confirms everything I had hoped for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm torn over seeing this. The book didn't impress me. I got it right when it was published, and I had high hopes. I think I thought reading it would be life changing for me. Not quite. But, it did inspire me to think about the things I want to try.

    Being a fan of Julia, I think I will see it eventually.

    Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey darlin! I say it today too. I did not read the book but I remember seeing the author on Oprah. I took my mom with me and we LOVED it. I too now want to eat, pray and TRAVEL. Bali is first on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see it...& Julia Roberts makes any movie good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO glad you went on opening night! And SO glad to hear that it filled you with the peace you felt from the book. Can't wait to see it! What's the chances I can drag my PG to see it today??? Were there many guys at the "picture show"???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous! I haven't gotten to see it yet, and have been looking forward to it. Maybe I can see it this weekend while the kids nap...I'll have hubby stay home and I'll sneak to see it all by myself - kinda fitting, huh?

    It's one of my fav books of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I would love this book, but I didn't.
    Glad you had a fab time, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the book. Thanks for the movie review!

    SO glad you had a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading the book now, an at some point will see the movie despite mixed reviews....glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can NOT wait to see this! So wish I wasn't stuck in the office all weekend preparing for a trial (ok, just a little break to come here!). Trying to remember to draw a circle around myself and remember where I am is exactly where I am meant to be...

    BTW - I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your photo on the previous post from your drive to work. You should frame that baby - or maybe do one of those photo canvas wraps...

    Take care -
    ~kiki

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to tell you I gave you an award ;) Stop by Thursdays post to see it. If you don't like 'em no worries! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So. Jealous. I can't wait to see it! Wanna go again?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, I'm so excited! I'm going to see it Thursday night. I already have the bug to go back to Ireland...this movie *might* just make me want to add to it a little more. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!