"Hi! How are you?" . . . "Ummmm . . . fine, thanks."

Why is it that I always get myself into predicaments . . . at Walgreens?!?

Today I stopped for a bottle of ibuprofen (one of those mornings) and as I walked to the register I saw a woman who looked VERY familiar. I thought she was my mom's friend, Bernie (the same Bernie who was in my house just days ago - visiting my mom, who is here recouperating from knee surgery.) I said, "HI!!!! Wow! I can't believe I am running into you so soon!! How are you?" Bernie looked at me with quite a puzzled look on her face. . . . for a long time . . . "Ummmm. . . I'm fine, thanks."

Well, I'm no dummy. I realized that Bernie really didn't want to say hello to me. Perhaps she was having a bad morning. So I said, "Well, have a great day!" and walked away. It wasn't until I got to the register and the cashier said, "Oh, you know Jean?" that I realized Bernie wasn't Bernie afterall.

Well . . . whoever you are Jean, I hope you did have a great day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!