The End of a Year

I'm so glad tomorrow is the last day of 2013. So glad to put the year behind and start anew. The energy when starting something from the beginning is always so good for my soul. And I am ready for it. 

The holidays were wonderful in our happy, and very often chaotic, home. Yesterday we celebrated holiday gathering # 'I lost count already', and with only three more gatherings left to participate in . . . I look forward to a day when all emotions are in check (yes, there is always drama around the holidays) and for the the celebrations to come to a close.

That being said . . . I thought I would share a few photos of the past few weeks with you. 

       

The weather has been wild, and winter has already hit hard. Snow came much earlier than most years, and we've already seen record low temps in our little corner of the world. But the view from my favorite road has never been lovelier . . . 

       

I started shopping for gifts later than usual this year, but managed to get it all done with plenty of time . . . . even to head back in the stores and pick up a second gift for someone, since I really loved this scarf too much to part with it. 

                                   
It really looks perfect for me, though, don't you think?? ;) 

Christmas dinner was absolutely delicious (albeit 1 1/2 hour later than scheduled, since Phil and I mismanaged our 'Crown Roast of Pork, and didn't get it into the oven early enough.) But we did 'wow!' the family with our homemade tiramisu (recipe from our cooking class in Italy), and stuff shells . . . Yummy! 

                            


                                   

My favorite moments, as always, are those quiet nights sitting in front of the tree . . . even when the lights in the middle of the tree go out mid-season. 
                                    

And, of course . . . seeing it all through the eyes of Katie and Ella. I look at this picture and I see my whole heart. I would do absolutely anything for them. They are what it is all about. 

                       

I still can't believe that they are mine. 

Sigh.
                    
So, that brings us to the end of 2013. It was an incredibly year. A year of standing up for ones self. A year of growth. A year of reflection. A year of travel. A year of new opportunities. It was not an easy year, at all . . . but one that I wouldn't change - not even one second of it - at all. 

                                     

Now, 2014 . . . I have plans for you. 

I am still thinking about my word for 2014. Usually I am in tune with my direction and plans for the new year by now, but I have to say . . . life has been so hectic the past few months, I've haven't spent much time listening to the whispers inside. It hasn't come to me yet. It will. I'm not worried. 

Today I am regrouping with my sister and dear friend Peggy. These two ladies always renew that focus for me. There will be laughter and great fun as we close up 2013, and look forward to the future. 

                                      
And I'm ready!! Boy oh boy, am I ever!! 

Hugs, my friends! 

And Happy New Year to you!! 

Comments

  1. And HUGS to you dear friend!! I am crossing my fingers that 2014 is the year I can talk to you in person!! Love both of your photos here...you have such a light about you, Leanne:) A warm soul you are!!! Hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!