Stop. Look. Listen.

It's crazy how fast life can move some times. Like a cassette tape set to fast forward, or the commercials I zoom through while watching a program on my DVR.

Fast.

School ended, and as soon as it was over, summer kicked into full gear. It's been good. But sometimes, you just want it to . . .

STOP.

Really.

I'm there today. Drained emotionally. Dragging physically.

I stubbed my toe today. Bad. It's black and blue, and hurts like hell. I can't remember the pain of childbirth (you kind of block it out after time). But today, my toe feels like childbirth pain. Really.

And all I am thinking is that maybe this is the way of the Universe to get me to do what I so desire in my soul - to STOP. Breathe. Regroup.

I like that. Not that I stubbed my toe. But that I stopped. This very day.

Stopping. Looking. Listening to what it is telling me.

It's easy to get caught up in life. I do it all the time. Easy to get caught up in the day to day hustle. Easy to forget to sit and reflect. Easy to forget to listen to the soul. Easy to forget to write. To dream. To remember what calls you. I hate when I fall into that pattern of letting life get away from me.

LOOK.

In all the hustle, there has been some wonderful moments though. Like when I took the girls to see my dear creative soul sister Amy Cavaness, and introduced Ella to her horses Cody and Destiny. It was a beautiful day, and one that I will remember forever. Ella rode a horse for the first time ever. She was a natural. That is in her soul. I know it. I saw it that very day. It was beautiful.


 
Katie turned 11 in the midst of this past month of busy, too. She celebrated with a fun filled sleep over with some of her dearest friends, and had such fun. I can't believe she is 11. Wow. 11.



My nephew Carlo (and his Mom, Dad and brother Angelo) are in town from Staten Island, NY. We LOVE the time spent with them. Really . . . these are our kids . . . we prayed and wished and dreamt of them years and years ago, and here they are. Sigh.


And we celebrated a feast at Independence Day at our home this year. Yummy food, great conversation, awesome fire works, and lots of laughter. It doesn't get any better than this.


And of course, in the midst of all of this, there is art. Not producing as much as I was in the beginning of June, but still coming up with some stuff here or there that I like. And there is even more in the mind, just waiting for the time to come out. Waiting. To be heard. To be created. To be seen.


LISTEN.

So, I am doing just that. Listening to the Universe. Listening to the whispers in my head telling me to chill a bit. Taking a deep breathe. Taking it all in.

I'm so blessed. But even in the blessings, are moments when I crave calmness. Moments when I need to just stop, look and listen.

And when I feel it is needed, I have just got to do it.

Peace, my friends. Wishing you tons of it.

Comments

  1. Babe - so glad to see you blogging again. This was a beautiful one... It seems so long in between and I think it's important. I will help to support you to do more. Let me know....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your writing and I agree with your hubby...WRTIE MORE!!! Pretty pretty please!!!! You are so very talented and I LOVE your words!!

    Your daughters are gorgeous and so very full of light!!!

    Thanks for sharing my dear:)

    PS....



    KEEP WRITING!!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!