Hi. It's Me

     
   
I love when I find a little note from one of my girls, here or there in unassuming locations throughout the house. 

Hi Mom. 

A little message left secretly. This time, it was found on our family room coffee table, gently tucked under a coaster. I found it last week, while enjoying a few moments of quiet. 

Hi Mom. 

It made me smile. Because this little "Hi" was just what I needed. 

I immediately thought about my blog, and realized that it has been way too long since I said Hi. 

So, to those who may stop by for a visit from time to time . . . Hi. 

How are you? 

Me? Oh, I'm good. Really. 

The past two months have been jam packed. Ella's Communion, a weekend art class at a studio in Milwaukee, the end of the school year for Ella & Kate (which included a variety of end of school events and activities), business trips for Phil, a family vacation to South Carolina, teaching art classes at Bedford for me, as well as continuing my job at the doctors office. Yes, I guess when I look at the past two months, I can clearly see what has prevented me from saying Hi. It all seems pretty clear. 

For today, I am here. Counting my blessings. And letting you know that I am thinking of you. I hope all my dear blog friends are doing well . . . while I may not stop at your 'homes' as often as I'd like, I think of each of you daily. Truly. Just Nat, Bossy Betty, Lady in France Jennifer, Nicole, Mama Hen, Saimi, and of course, my dearest Leslie (just to name a few). I adore you, ladies. Truly. 

So, to each of you - and any others who may be here - Hi. 

It happens to all of us, I think. The breaks from our blogs, when we are out there . . . living. I hope each of you are living each day to the fullest. :) 

Today on Facebook, a dear friend shared a thought that I immediately connected with. Perhaps that is what really prompted my writing tonight. Because once I read it, I released myself from the guilt of not writing here more often. 
   

I've had my blog since 2009 (honestly - 6 years!! Yikes!!!) For a long time, I became obsessed with it being 'perfect'. The 'perfect' blog with perfect photos and clearly witty writing and beautiful art and moments all wrapped up beautifully for those who visited. Now, don't get me wrong - I love beautiful blogs! But with all of those thoughts, there came the pressure . . . and all of sudden, I lost the joy. I lost the truth. I lost writing about what I loved and what was important to me. 

Yep. There you have it, friends. 

So today, I release myself from the pressure I put on myself to make this a 'perfect' space. And with that - I release myself from the guilt of when I write, and when I don't. I'll be back - whenever something moves me to be here. And when I am not, please know that you are always on my mind. And I am forever grateful to the friendships of each of you reading. 

And until we meet again, Peace

Xoxo


Comments

  1. Hi Leanne!
    I'm reading this and saying... 'Yep, I hear you! I know exactly what you mean!'. Life has also been getting in the way of my blogging the past couple of years.... it started off (back in 2009 too!) with so much energy and enthusiasm and then gradually just fizzled. Never went completely flat, but lost it's sparkle. Always there, though.... like an old friend, especially in times of need. We just pick up where we left off....
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I have missed your writing!! Leanne you know I LOVE your posts....you are soooo talented friend!!! Happy to see you here:)

    What a sweet sweet note from your girl. Cherish each and every moment with your kids...the time goes soooo fast and then they are out of the house and you have all this time and you go...Wait a minute!! What am I going to do with all this time?? I want my kids back. I want that sweet, crazy, chaotic life back.

    I am there as my sweet Em is moving out soon. Talk about :(. Soooooo enjoy every little bit!! And your posts are PERFECT just the way they ARE!!!:)

    Love ya sweet friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!