Chapter 5: The Reverberation


I've started a new chapter, friends . . . in my Book of Life. 

I sat down tonight and thought about it - my book. I haven't thought about it in a long time. We each have our own book, you know? Some are long-drawn-out novels, others are short and sweet novellas. Some are cliff notes with only key moments included, others are multiple volumes in great lengths discussing every single battle in great detail. Some are strictly illustration, others have an extensive collection of footnotes that are longer than the story itself. But my story is mine, and yours is yours.  They started the day we were born, and have grown to carry each moment that makes us who we are. 

I love thinking about people in my life, and wondering what their Book of Life looks like. Soft cover or hard? Hand-bound or spiral?  Big or Little? Would there be any photos, or would the words alone paint the images in our minds? I think every single book would be worth reading, and can only imagine what an amazing library heaven must have. The idea of that . . . makes me smile.   

Then, I sat down and thought about my book. And my blog. This blog. 

It has been so long since I have been here . . . sharing my life story. I have missed writing so much, but have really struggled putting words together lately. My brain has been on a long hiatus - and I just . . . couldn't. Then, this week, this urge to sit and write came over me. Write and write and write. 

And I came back. Here. 

I feel like that I am that little bee in the photo above, peeking my head around the corner - saying something like, "hi . . . remember me? I used to come here, a lot. Then I sort of got lost. But I am here, again. Can we visit for a while? I would really like that."  

So, I am here. Starting a new chapter in my life. 

Since I last wrote - I closed my business. My husband has been working at home (now for almost 16 months). We have groceries delivered. The world kind of shut down. I found a new job and returned to the health care industry. My daughters did ONE WHOLE school year (8th grade and senior year of high school) remotely from home.  I turned 50. And . . . I grieved. For my sister, for my dreams, for my business, for our country, for those lost in a pandemic, for being in shock. I grieved a lot. Life has been . . . insane, surreal, scary, challenging, transformative, turbulant, unknowing, eye-opening, reflective, alarming. All of the above? yes. ALL of the above. 

It is time to tell my stories, again. 

So, Chapter 5. The Reverberation. 

It is time to let the reverberation play on, for the "continuing effect" of life to take it's course . . . the effect of closing my business, the effect of the pandemic, the effect of losing my sister, the effect of everything.

 

I love this description above  "when you bang on a big piece of metal, you can hear the reverberation even after you stop banging". I feel like someone banged a BIG piece of metal on my life the past 2 and 1/2 years, and I am riding that reverberation now . . . the end of the bang. And, the beginning of something new. 

So many of thoughts flying around in my head. So grateful for a space in the universe where I feel safe to work through them. So blessed to have you reading these right now. 

Please join me again, soon. 

Peace
xo xo 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my dear friend. So grateful to know you, Kass!

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful. I, too, feel that I am riding the reverberations right now. I look forward to continuing the journey together...even though we are apart. Love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful, friend. Let’s ride the reverberation together!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!