Closed


I am taking a break from "Crafty Schmafty Friday" today . . . Not to worry, I'll be back next week with something wonderful. I promise!

I'm just about two weeks away from completing my "Soul Restoration" class with Melody Ross . . . and it has taken up quiet a lot of energy from me. It sure is exhausting . . . restoring your soul, you know?

It's much more exhausting than I ever realized.

I haven't written much about it here, because it's kind of personal and because the materials are all things Melody has developed and put into action, so I don't want to give too much of that away out of respect to her.

But I will say that it is life changing.

I'm working through a great deal of things that I thought had long been gone, but have found I never really dealt with - things I just packed away deep down inside. I'm trying to get a handle on it - and trying to nurture the person I am inside. The weak part of me and the strong part of me. I'm answering tough questions like "What happens when I try to hold the world up on my own?", "How can I work on destructive behaviors without being destructive?" and "What do I consistently use as a reason to stay stuck?"

Ah, yes . . . that sort of thing.

But it's good. It's allowing me to embrace all parts of me. It's allowing me to set boundaries in my life that I have so desperately needed for some time, and it's allowing me to take a good long look at where I am going.


The photos I am sharing today are just a few from the Truth Book I am doing along with the class. This book is becoming my "go to" for peace, for comfort, and for reflection. I am enjoying the process so very much.


Some days I feel like I have so much strength and energy, I jump out of bed ready to tackle the world. Other days, I want to stay covered in that safe place and never open my eyes.

Yes, I am restoring. And even though it is really hard . . .

. . . it's a beautiful thing, too.

Comments

  1. This class was a pivot point for me...my soul was restored and I found my voice through art...art journaling...and community here on the web. So happy you are taking this journey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Leanne! I'm working too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. restoring is good and sending you hugs dear friend:O)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!