ART CLASSES INFO!

Greetings, friends! While I know I promised you lots of stories and some great photos of my adventures (or lack there of) the past few weeks, I wonder if you would allow me the opportunity to do a little marketing for some art classes I am teaching at my local park district this summer.

Remember . . . that ART thing that I so love doing?

Well, way back when (in January, I think), I was given a great opportunity to develop some art classes for the New Lenox Park District. The classes will be held this summer . . . there are 5 of them all total . . . and as of today . . . gulp . . . WE ARE IN NEED OF STUDENTS!!! So, I thought I would tell you a little bit about the classes in the hopes that some of my local friends and family might be inspired to step up and take a class with me!

Here I will share the class description, taken directly from the park districts catalog, and then provide a photo or a little more info about the class for you. Please keep in mind . . . you do NOT have to be a resident of New Lenox to attend my classes. ALL CLASSES are available to residents AND NON-RESIDENTS, and ALL classes include SUPPLIES!!!

So, let's begin . . .

The idea for this six session class "Intro to Mixed Media Art" is to introduce the student to the wonderful world of Mixed Media Art and teach a LARGE VARIETY of techniques, tricks and tips when it comes to making your own whimsical art. I will provide lots of tools and materials to PLAY with, and will go through a huge amount of examples for mixed media techniques, then . . . you will create TWO of your own whimsical pieces. You get to decide themes, colors, quotes . . . but I will be there the whole way to encourage, inspire and assist. Class meets Tuesday evenings from 6:30 pm to 8:30 for six weeks as indicated above.  Here are a few photos of examples of YOU COULD MAKE in this class :


 



I am SO EXCITED for this "From Fridge to Canvas" class, and REALLY HOPE more people join in. The idea for this project came to me when I found myself looking at a pile of artwork both Katie and Ella have brought home, and not knowing what to do with it. I wanted to hang it somewhere, somehow, and then the idea came to me . . . why not take their art work and mount it on a canvas, throw some Mod Podge on top of it, and hang it on the wall for ALL to enjoy? The end result . . . AWESOME! All you need to bring is a stack of your child's art work (or your grandchild, your niece, your god child, whomever), and I will provide a 22"x28" canvas and all other materials. It is a ONE DAY, THREE HOUR COMMITMENT ONLY! We are offering it three different times this summer (see schedule above). I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE! You will LOVE IT!

I showed this actual piece of Ella's work to my neighbors and they LOVED it! (They said they want to take the class, too!) Here is Ella's . . . I think you'll love it, too. Here I am starting the process of cutting up the work and laying it out on the canvas:


Here is is, finished:


And finished on our wall:




I LOVE INSTAGRAM! I do, I do, I do . . . I find it a super easy was to record the daily happenings of our life, and I love the awesome filters and ability to easily post to other social networking sites. I am an Instagram junkie! Then I realized . . . I wasn't keeping those photos for long term. The memories were snapped and caught on my iPhone, many were shared on Facebook with my family and friends, and that's as far as they went. So, I decided to make a REALLY EASY Instagram Album to capture these little moments! I love how quick and easy this project is. This is a ONE TIME, TWO to THREE HOUR COMMITMENT . . . QUICK, EASY, DONE, and OUT THE DOOR! If you are an Instagram-er, I think you will LOVE IT! Here are some photos of the album I created last year.

You'll start with an album, some great quotes on life, some adhesive and your photos (I provide everything, except your photos) . . .

And at the end of class . . . you'll have something really really COOL!!!!


Just . like . this . . .




This is something new I am trying out . . . a Mixed Media 3-day camp for girls between the ages of 11 and 15. We're calling it "HeART and Soul", and will meet three times during the week of June 17th  (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) for three hours each day. The project is to make an awesome HeART & Soul book . . . but the class will be so much more. Encouragement, inspiration, courage, motivating, and building up the girls of our community to believe in themselves! We'll be making our very own cardboard books and filling it with all the things that we need to remind us of the power of our heART and our souls.

 
 
This last class "Love of Birds Art- Mixed Media" is a three week, Tuesday evening class, where we will develop our own bird styles and made a whimsical and inspiring mixed media canvas piece to enjoy. Again, all materials are provided. Whatever your favorite bird may be . . . we will come up with something heart warming and beautiful to display in your home. Here are just a few examples of what YOU can do . . .
 



So, there we have it, friends. I am so VERY grateful for this opportunity to share a bit of my summer class schedule with you. Remember, you do NOT have to be a resident of New Lenox to participate. (However, living in the south/southwest suburbs of Chicago might be easiest for you!) 

If you are interested in registering for ANY or ALL of the above classes, click this link and connect to the New Lenox Park District website for information on registering online, or you can call 815.482.3584 to register by phone. You can also mail your registration in, drop it off, or even fax it over! It's a pretty painless process!

I would be honored and thrilled if anyone was interested in taking one of my classes. I promise you, they are going to be FUN, INSPIRING, and oh-so good!

Thanks, dear friends! Wishing you all much peace!

xo

All art images and projects are copyrighted © by Leanne Wargowsky.
The use of any image from this site is prohibited unless prior written permission from the artist is obtained.

Comments

  1. This is sooooo exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH how fun are YOU!!! Look at all exciting stuff, man I wish I lived near you - you could totally transform my uncrafty side of me!!! Now I'm totally in to Instagram we have to be friends, what's your handle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So organized, so beautiful - this is so great for you Lee - but I know how wonderful it will be for anyone who gets to enjoy and learn at your classes!

    Love you - love your dream!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leanne...LOVE them all. Wish I was just minutes away...I would be there cheering you on. WONDERFUL descriptions and classes...you ROCK!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!