Sclemmel Schlemazel



Oh, my friends. . . .

I'm good.

I really, really am.

I received two emails, two texts, and three phone calls after my last blog post. Worried, concerned, and just letting me know they were there . . . these simple messages from friends and loved ones once again reminded me that I am not alone. Even when I feel a little blue . . . I am the furthest from alone. And the support I have around me is unending.

Thank you.

So, I'm feeling better. I'm throwing myself back into this creative life - full force. Preparing for a Holiday Open House I am having at my home on the 30th of this month, and trying to keep focused on my long term goals. What are those long term goals? I desperately do not want to return to a life in an office talking health insurance. I want, so very much, to keep forging ahead in my creative life. And I am going to do whatever I can to do just that. I do have plans, ideas, money making thoughts. So for now, I'm focused on that side of my life. Phil and I discussed that after the holidays would be best for me to return to the work force. So I figure I have now until then to come up with a brilliant solution . . . or to win the lottery. Whatever happens first is what we will go with. (Better start playing the lotto, huh?) ;)

And I'm constantly reminding myself of my word for 2013 . . . flourish.

The year is not yet over. There is still time. I felt almost like giving up on it . . . but am so glad that I did not. Because I started the year with the goal to FLOURISH . . . and I swear, I am going to end it that way, too.

Yesterday morning, I had "Laverne & Shirley" on the brain. Well, their theme song, anyway.

Have you ever really listened to the words of the shows theme song? I mean, really listened to them? Thought about them? Focused on them? They're pretty awesome . . . I have to tell you. Once you get past the "sclemeel, schlemazel, Hasenfeffer Incorporated" part, they are pretty darn remarkable.

We're gonna do it!
Give us any chance, we'll take it.
Give us any rule, we'll break it.
We're gonna make our dreams come true.
Doin' it our way.
 
Nothin's gonna turn us back now,
Straight ahead and on the track now.
We're gonna make our dreams come true,
Doin' it our way.
 
There is nothing we won't try,
Never heard the word impossible.
This time there's no stopping us.
We're gonna do it.
 
On your mark, get set, and go now,
Got a dream and we just know now,
We're gonna make our dream come true.
And we'll do it our way, yes our way.
Make all our dreams come true,
And do it our way, yes our way,
Make all our dreams come true
For me and you
.
 
I found myself singing this song yesterday. All. Day. Long. From the shower, to the make-up application, from the dusting, to the folding laundry, from the mod podging to loading the dishwasher, "we're gonna make our dreams come true" played in my head.
 
It became a little obnoxious by night time. But it did make me smile. And confirmed that what I am working through is what everyone is or has worked through at some point in their lifetime. What many are still working through this very moment. Making our dreams come true.
 
Sometimes I need to just write it out, you know. 
 
And today, it feels good.
 
Wishing you peace, my friends.
 
xo 
 
 

Comments

  1. Go! Go! Go! While I am not up against such a deadline. I fear that when my 2 year old goes to kindergarten, unless I am actively selling and producing my art, my husband may decide that I too have to enter back into the work force. You can do this! I'm cheering for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Leanne
    I feel it in my bones that you will come up with a solution. And I do know that you will make your dreams come true... it will happen, maybe not right now, maybe in a year or two's time, but it will happen...
    Keep believing. Keep living. Keep loving.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about you a lot yesterday. I realized that sometimes I do my best work when I have other commitments. In other words, when I know i just have a short amount of time to be creative. I really get to it--no procrastination. Working may have the same effect on you. In any case, I KNOW that creative spark in you will not go out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet friend!! You are sooo very creative and I KNOW you are on your path. Thanks for sharing these words. I remember singing them in Junior High and feeling butterflies in my tummy everytime. It just made me want to do something...you know that feeling?? When you know you have something in this world to do!!!! I knew it in Junior High and I know it now and so do you!!!

    Love to you friend. Been thinking about you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to believe it sister! YOU can do it. Seeing even more of your pieces and your heart for it this weekend showed me even more that you have so much potential to go far with your art. I trust you will figure out a way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU can do it! Your work and your enthusiasm for art and heart for it are amazing. It was just sooo obvious this weekend. You have a lot of potential to go a long ways with your pieces. I trust that you will be able to find a way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!