Day 1


As fast as the summer came, it has left us with the beginning of another school year. Day 1. Here we are!

And I don't think I've ever met the beginning of the school year with such enthusiasm as I have today.

Because they are ready . . . for their next chapter.

And I am ready . . . for my next chapter, too.

Whatever that may be.

Walking to the bus today, Ella stopped and picked up this little piece of crumbled up 'something or another'. She said, "Mom . . . look, it's a heart. You keep it with you all day, so you know that my heart is with you."

Oh, how I love that kid. Both of them, actually, which I realize is a super good thing to say . . . since I am their Mom. But I do. I never in a million years knew being their Mom would feel as good as it does. On good days, or even bad. It is the best feeling in the world.

But even with all that love, comes a strong desire to take a break from time to time. And that is what school does for me - it allows me a few hours each and every day, to break. To breathe. To create :). To work towards my goals. To focus on something else.

Sigh.

I'm still in my art zone . . . and I'm welcoming the next few weeks of creating. The fall and winter craft fairs will be here before you know it, and I am ready to stock up my art for all of them. So right now, I'm just looking towards that . . . creating creating creating.

I don't think it gets any better than that, do you?

Oh, and writing.

I'm feeling a little more of a writing bug hitting me these days. I hope I can get myself in some sort of a routine to write more often. I've missed it so much. Let's hope for the best, shall we?

So, I'm off right now . . . to start Day 1.

And just in case I need a little love during my day, I'll look at the little heart Ella gave me this morning. Because our hearts will always be close, even when far apart.

Peace, my friends.

xo

Comments

  1. Wonderful posts! I love those colors, and the little bark heart. I hope that you are still filled with that readiness to create, beause I cannot wait to see what you bring forth dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!