Happy Observations


I like to start my mornings sitting right here at my kitchen table, with a fresh, hot cup of coffee, and our backyard.

      My red cardinal whirlie-gig that the girls bought for me.

                  Our little blow up pool.

                           The garden, and our sunflowers.

                                    Sigh.

This is my happy place. . . when the house is quiet, and the sunshine is just waking up the world outside.

These are also the colors that make me happy.


Lately, I can't get enough of them . . . I realized today, these are the colors of our backyard.

Most mornings, I sit and watch my neighbor as he makes his way to his garden (which is right on the other side of the fence from ours.) He is a meticulous gardener, with his organization and well maintained garden so unlike our chaotic mess of a place. But it works for us, and his works for him.

He is elderly, my neighbor. These days he makes his way to his corner with a cane in hand. But still takes his time picking his green beans and sugar snap peas and all the rest. He gathers his zucchini flowers so delicately, I wonder what he does with them. I'll have to ask him one day.

These quiet mornings remind me of the blessings I have in this life. Life is moving so fast, I just love when I can stop and be still and take it all in. It's been a wonderful summer . . .  and I feel so grateful for each day of it. Not quite ready for it to stop.

But school will be starting for the girls next week. The mornings are going to be a little busier until we get into our routine.

Katie will start 6th grade, and Ella starts 2nd. I can't wait to see what new adventure the new school year brings to them. I can't imagine . . .

Breathe.

Until then, I have about 4 more mornings of this . . .

Excuse me, while I take it all in some more.

Wishing you peace, my friends . . . and a few more moments of quiet in your day.

xo

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!