Burners on HI

My burners are full right now, friends. All of them. And things are simmering . . . steadily. 

In other words . . . I feel like I have a lot going on right now. 

While blow drying the 'do' this morning (because, you know, that is when my greatest thoughts and ideas come to me), I came up with this analogy for life: Comparing it to a great chef in one of the busiest restaurants - with every single burner on the stove running at full capacity, and still keeping up with each of them before anything overflows. 

That's how I feel lately. I keep stirring them - going from one pot to another, to make sure that nothing boils over. But so far, so good. Nothing is burning. Yet. ;)  

One pot is full of Girl Scouts & Brownie meetings and activities, the other is full of swimming and band practices, one is full of Art to work on, the other is planning for craft fairs, one pot has art classes and home art parties in it, and another is filled to the rim with plans and thoughts while helping a friend in her new adventure. One is all about keeping calendars straight and business trips remembered, and the other is full of remembering party invitations and play dates. I have some small pots and pans going, too . . . with laundry, oil changes, grocery shopping, doctor visits and lots of other fun. 

I am so blessed with things to do, places to go, people to see. I am blessed with two healthy daughters who are able to be involved and participate in things that they love. I am blessed with a schedule that allows me to be living a really full life right now. 

But man, I'm exhausted. No . . . that's not true. I'm not exhausted. I just feel like I am running 95% of the day, with little time for rest. 

For now, that's ok. 

But tomorrow . . . I may be adding a BIG POT to the mix. 

I have a job interview.

There was a time that I worked - remember that? When I actually made money working in health insurance? It seems like a lifetime ago. 

I've been on a big art adventure since I stopped working three years ago (yes, it has been THREE years!) It has been INCREDIBLE. And I am  not ready to give it up . . . no way, no how. 

But . . . it might be time to get back to something that can actually bring some funds to our family on a more regular basis. It's only part-time, so I am hoping to somehow fit it in between everything else. Things will need to change on the home front, and my roommates may need to pick up a little more of the slack around here and help a momma out. But I am excited at the possibilities. 

So, think of me tomorrow, if you don't mind. Send a few "happy thoughts" my way. 

I'll tell you more about it all when I have more to tell. 

Until then, I have to run and stir a pot . . . the kids are about to overflow!!! :) 

Wishing you peace! 

Comments

  1. My wish for you is that everything works out the way it is meant to work out! I have definitely been living by that way of thinking lately. Whatever you do, you will rock it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , dear Kelly!!! I can't wait to hear more about your new adventure, too!!!!

      Delete
  2. Sending prayers up that you add a pot, and are able to turn everything into one awesome gourmet, multi course worthy of Food Network. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!