Achy heArt

           

There are not enough hours in the day. 

No where near enough hours in the day. 

And certainly not enough hours in my day . . . to make art

Today, I felt it. This ache in the pit of my stomach. It happened around 6:10pm, after I arrived home from work and before I walked out the door to Ella's Brownie meeting. It was somewhere between stuffing Goldfish crackers in plastic sandwich baggies for their snack, or preparing for their Brownies art project by cutting plastic flowers off of stems. But somewhere around that time, I caught a glimpse of a mixed media piece hanging on my kitchen wall, and I felt this ache start inside of me. 

I miss my art. 

I've been in a creative black hole since the holidays. Once everything was done with the holiday fairs and vendor shows, I packed up one plastic bin of remaining art work and product, and closed the lid on the 2014 season. Since then, I have focused on the new job and home life - which I am discovering leaves very little time for anything else. 

Aching feeling, again. 

So, I need to find time for it. Some way. Some how. Because I can't go back to the life I had before. Before I found my art. Before I found me. 

I don't know how to do it all . . . I'm exhausted as it is. 

But I miss it. 

I miss me. 

So, tonight it begins. 

A new blog post. An updated blog header. A plan for some creative time this weekend ("the when").

Stay tuned, friends. I haven't figured out the "how" or "what", but I know that I haven't forgotten my passion. And with that - this creative life journey continues.   

Wishing you happy days, and lots and lots of peace. 

Xo

Comments

  1. Leanne, you continue to amaze me. Love that your art is truly a piece of who you are and you feel incomplete without it. I honestly believe that those dry spells when you miss your art are the catalyst for the next creative surge! It's in ya, baby!!! I just know it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!