Random Thoughts on a Friday Evening

 
Phil is out of town. Has been all week. We have a few more days until he returns . . . and I can't wait. My brain is full. This happens from time to time. I sit in silence, but the thoughts keep coming at me full force. I can't work them all out. Usually, when he is in town, I can bounce them off him. He listens (or maybe sometimes doesn't), but he is physically there receiving them. Right now, not so much. 

So I am sitting in my living room this very minute, windows open with a gentle breeze coming in and out, the sounds of cars driving by, birds singing, neighbors talking, and my own two girls playing Barbie's all taking place in the background. 

And me . . . the mind is just going. 

So I thought I would capture these thoughts . . . as many as I could . . . in no particular order.

Thoughts like . . . 

I am so grateful for that dishwasher. I wonder how many times other people run theirs? I wonder how often people have to get new machines. What is the going age of a dishwasher if you run it, say, two times a day, every day? ▫️ Ooooo, someone is grilling. That smells so good, I wonder who that is. ▫️I should really get dinner ready. We have left over Spamwiches and I made that layered fiesta dip. Is that an appropriate dinner? I don't even feel hungry. But I have to feed the girls. ▫️ I wonder why I'm not hungry. I am exhausted. Why am I so exhausted? Is it because I worked and taught art this week? I am so drained right now. I feel like I could fall asleep. It's only 5:30. I think it's too much sugar. Damn easter baskets. ▫️ Is it wrong to say "damn" when referencing easter baskets? Do I really care right now? ▫️ What is Ella doing? Who is she saying 'stop!' to? (Two second pause to check on the girls. They are playing Barbies. Ella's girl is arguing with Katie's girl. Therefore, the 'stop' is part of their whole act.) ▫️ I love that magnolia tree. It looks so beautiful. It is one of my favorite parts of Spring here. Poor Phil, he is usually out of town each year when it blooms. Then there is a big storm, and all the petals fall off. ▫️ Damn, whoever is grilling, it smells delicious. I suddenly have a taste for a burger, but not any burger. I want THAT burger. The one someone is making outsid - this very minute. ▫️We need a new screen door. Imagine the smell I would have of that delicious grilled burger if our screen was in our door. I want to paint our front door red. We don't have a house with a huge amount of character. Can I do that? Paint our door red? Or is that crazy? Do I really mind if it is crazy. I just think I want a red front door. I wonder if I could do it before Phil comes home. I wonder if he would mind. Maybe I should wait. ▫️ The girls are arguing. I can hear them. Of course they are arguing. They have been playing nicely for the past hour. Certainly, it wouldn't last. ▫️ I like David Sedaris. I want to write a book. Stories, really. Then I want to tell them to people. I want to stand on a stage to tell people stories. I don't want to be a comedianne, although some of the stories would be funny. Most of the stories would be funny. But I don't want to do this at, like, a comedy club, I would like to do this someplace else. Like . . . Carnegie Hall.  I mean, aim high, right? ▫️ They're arguing again. Of course they would be. I am dreaming of Carnegie Hall. Maybe I should take notes, this might be good story telling.  The grilling smell has faded. I bet someone on the block has already eaten their delicious burgers. Damn burgers. ▫️ I should go feed my children. Maybe they are hungry. Yes, I bet that could be it. Maybe once they eat, we can take a walk . . . clear our minds . . . that would be so nice a clear mind . . . Lord, what a thought. I can't even imagine. 

Xoxo 

Peace, dear friends.

Comments

  1. THIS is why we are kindred spirits! Loved every thought and totally followed the progression.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!