BEing aLIVE


December 1

I want so much to stop the clock this month.

To look. To take it all in. To BE in the moment. To LIVE the now.

And NOT think about the tomorrow.

Because I don't know where the past 11 months have gone.

This morning as Ella and I sat at the kitchen table before our day began, Ella watching a Minecraft Video on her iPad and me catching up on my Yahtzee game, it felt as if time stood still for a brief moment.

I stopped.

I took it in.

It was her breath that did it. It caught my attention and caused me to pause. This beautiful little soul that I brought into the world. My daughter.

The sound of her breathing in and out softly, as she did her thing, brought a calmness over myself that I haven't felt in what seems like years.

I grabbed my phone and snapped a photo of her, and then just sat there watching her.

Hugging her Teddy. Her very best friend.

She's changed so much this Fall. Glasses. Braces. Growing like a weed. Each day I watch her blossom - it's as if she is becoming someone I don't even recognize anymore.

She's an awesome kid, I have to tell you. And it really has very little with how I am raising her. It has to do with who she is inside. The person in her very core. Awesome, I tell you. Awesome.

And I almost missed it.

My goal for December will be to share a moment with you . . . each and every day of the month. One that helps me BE - one that reminds me of the day to day moments that are going by so quickly. Maybe by sharing my daily moment with you, you will find a moment in your busy day to do the same.

How nice that would be . . . wouldn't it?
For the two of us to just STOP for a moment . . . and . . . BE.

My hope is that through the next 31 days, we (you, my dear blog friends and I) and get re-acquainted. We'll celebrate the holiday season, I'll share where I am in life and where I think I am going, we'll laugh, we may even cry.

But we'll live it. Each and every day.

Together.

Want to join me?

Come back tomorrow . . . for December 2.

Until then, big hugs.

And peace. Always peace.

xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!