One Moment


I had a moment yesterday . . . one moment . . . a moment of a big sigh . . . followed by complete and total pride . . . followed by complete and total sadness . . . ending with a big smile.

Sounds more like a few moments, doesn't it?

I picked up my newest order of Annalee greeting cards from the printer, and that's when the moment hit me.

The order contained some of the previously designed "Friendship" and "Birthday" cards, but also included a new batch of "Thank You" cards, along with new bio sheets about me and my art.

I sat there looking at the freshly printed cards, and that's when it all hit me. A million and one emotions.

I'm so proud of these cards. So proud of this little Annalee character who is all me, and yet someone completely more confident and brave and stronger than I could ever be. I am so proud that I have actually DONE it. I have actually taken this idea for this confident woman, and turned her into greeting cards that make others smile. I am proud of myself.

Big sigh.

But oh, how I wish my Dad could be here to see it.

I hate that, you know? Death. The whole kit and kaboodle. My Dad never got to see her . . . Annalee. He never got to see that I am actually making ART - and that it is actually OUT THERE in the world. And that sucks. No other way to put it. It just sucks.

My Dad was a great fan of my art. He supported me whole-heartedly whenever I took over his laundry room as a young teen and adult, with large easels and the smell of oil paints and turpentine. He never judged my "black" period, and he was so proud of me that he even hung a large UNfinished (yes, it was unfinished) painting I had started of a train in his family room (his man cave) for YEARS. Every time I saw the painting, I told him to take it down - that I never finished it and that it looked awful. But he didn't. He left it there, for his eyes to see, whenever he wanted it.

Yes, my Dad. He was my biggest fan.

In the past 9 years, I've had many moments wishing my Dad could have seen my daughters (Katie and Ella). He passed before both of them were born, so of course I wish he could have lived long enough to see them. I just tell myself that he picked them out in heaven for me, so he already knows them. I guess that's what I need to think, to make the sadness go away.

But never before had I ever thought about him seeing my art.

That is . . . until yesterday.

Big sigh.

I'm proud of what I am doing right now.

And my Dad . . . I know he'd be proud of me, too.

Thanks for letting me share my moment.

Big hugs to you, my friends. Wishing you Peace.

Comments

  1. You should be proud Leanne!!! Your art is wonderful!!! And I know your Dad would be and is so proud too!!! (((Hugs))) my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad was my biggest fan, too. I MISS him and wish he were here. I know both of our Dads would be PROUD!!!!

    Love your little Anna Lee girl so much. Thank you for sharing this sweet memory!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote you a comment but not sure if it was sent....so I will say once again...LOVE this story and I understand completely about missing your Dad. I miss mine, too!! LOVe Anna Lee, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad has a big smile in heaven looking down on you and all your accomplishments. Your dad always knew your talents for art and I am sure he loves your Annalee. You always made your dad so proud. I also think he would have loved reading all your stories too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne, there's a reason he wouldn't take down that unfinished artwork. Because he believed in the things to come. He knew, even back then, that his little girl had so much more to offer. He always knew there was more to come.

    You know, I turn to mush whenever you write about your dad. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do understand how you are feeling but you have to have faith and think that somehow he knows. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dad is watching over you, inspiring you, guiding you, believing in you - your own guardian angel. And because of that, and because of him, YOU have all that confidence and belief in yourself to pursue your dreams ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear friend you know I know how you feel. I wish so many times that my Dad could be here to see my daughter and my accomplishments. You know they are looking down upon us and smiling from ear to ear! Your Dad is so proud of you my friend! So incredibly proud!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!