Open a New Window


I've been working really hard this week. Still doing a bit of that work project for my old employer, and then coming home and working on my art for the upcoming art fair I've been talking about. I'm up to my elbows in mod-podge, paints, prints, jewelry and absolutely everything else that I can get my hands on this week. All of this has me living some late late nights, followed by really early mornings, and I'm just exhausted. It'll be over soon . . . I know.

I feel like I'm rehearsing for a play. I used to be in theater (can't remember if you knew that or not.) I've probably been in about 30 plays in my life . . . most during my college years, but a number of them during high school. It's kind of funny that I am working for an art fair that will be held in the high school I attended. And I find myself with that same excited and exhausted feeling that I felt so many years ago at this school, when I performed in Chicago, Annie, Bye Bye Birdie and Mame. I can't wait to be back there (it has been about 20 years since I've been), and I hope to have a moment or two when I can sneak away from my tables and explore a bit of the school. How fun that would be?!

But right now, the wheels in my head keep spinning with ideas of all the things I want to have finished by Saturday. Art Fairs have been a hit or miss for me (usually a miss). I am working so hard on this one, that Phil is hoping I won't be disappointed if I don't sell a lot. I keep telling myself that even if I don't sell, I will have a very well stocked Etsy store for the holidays, and that is a good thing.

I wanted to share just a few photos of the jewelry I worked on today. Oh, I am LOVING it. To see my art in jewelry form . . . it's as thrilling as stepping out on that stage as Auntie Mame. "Open a new window, open a new door. Travel a new high way that's never been tried before . . . " I sang those exact words in 1989 . . . yes, May of 1989. It's funny . . . it took me some 23 years, but I finally opened a new window in life, and I'm loving the view.


All of my pendants are taken from original paintings and mixed media pieces that I made. It's so cool, to see my art on jewelry. LOVE it!


I made my own little tags for my earrings . . . LOVE THEM, too!

 
This little "Peace and Love" was inspired by my Katie Girl. She is my wild zebra loving child, and she really wanted me to create something just for her. She said, "Oh Mom . . . I don't like it, I LOVE IT!" when I showed it to her. The earrings are a-dor-able, too!

Love these little snowmen, too. I've turned many of my pendants into earrings, as you can see. I have earrings in two sizes (.75 inch and .50 inch round.) I love both sizes.


Here's one more little (and messy) peek at my work table . . . as is . . . today. You can vaguely see some of the ornaments I've done, along with some new Santa frames on the table (they are SO cute!) I can't wait to update my Etsy store so you can see everything. It's been a VERY productive few weeks, I must say.


Yes, I've done it. I've opened that new window, opened that new door.

And boy-oh-boy . . . I'm stepping through right now.

It's awesome.

Hugs, my friends. To one and all.

Comments

  1. Oh, you have been SO busy!!! What a sense of pride and accomplishment! Everything is so beautiful, so inspiring, so joyful ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are rocking it!!! I love all of the new goodies that you have made. I hope the art fair is a great success!!! You have such a wonderful attitude I know it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing... I can't wait to see everything in person. I am so glad you are reaching your dreams. Keep moving forward. You are an artist!!! I am in awe of you. Godd luck and see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO excited for you! Can't wait to see things on Saturday! Just gotta make sure I get there before 2E buys everything up!!!!

    Livin' the dream, Sweetie! Livin' the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful things! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Leanne, it was so nice to see your lovely comments on many posts. I have been like you lately. I visit, but do not comment so much. It has been a very busy time and much clutter needs to be cleaned out so I can begin anew. It is amazing how much we have in common. I, too, was in many theater productions both in high school and college. I was a theater major my first year of college ontim my Dad asked me, "What do you really want to do?" So my major changed to English. Somehow he ws always right about things. Back then I was going to be a star and dancing, singing and acting. But he set me on the right course and said, if you want to do theater go ahead. Just make sure you have a soid foundation for your education. I love and miss him so. You and I come from the same era! Lately I have been very nostalgic and listening to a lot of Elvis Costello, David Bowie and The Cure. Somehow I have been reflecting on my youth, my dreams and where I am heading now. Much needs to be reevaluated and worked on. It would be grezt to meet up the next time you are in New York! I am so proud of all of your accomplishments my friend! You have done an amazing thing by taking on your dream and making things a reality. I am also proud of you for putting yourself first this past year (of course after your children). You deserve to take care of yourself and do things for you! Those snowman earings look so cute! I have to get on Etsy! I wish you happiness and great things my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been working hard so pleased the project is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE all your new stuff! Those Santa frames are darling!!!! And your tags with the earrings....cute. Leanne, you are sooo creative and you inspire me!!!!

    So happy your show went well:) BIG hugs!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stuff is great. Don't give up - don't stop creating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!