The Days of my Lives

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I've blogged. This has to be my very longest absence . . . and one that I am not happy about. Oh, how I miss my blog. But oh, how crazy busy life has been.

My blog post title kind of sums it up . . . the Days of my LIVES. And yes, I meant LIVES . . . because lately, depending on what time it is when you find me, I can be living one of five different lives. There is my life as a Mom taking care of my girls, as a wife supporting a husband and his busy work schedule, as head room mom trying to plan for the 4th grade school year, life as an employee pulling thousands of files for a project, and life as an artist . . . creating and filling my soul with inspiration and joy. That last life makes all the rest even better, you know?

I am still working that "short-term" project for my previous employer. I finished the first projected they asked me to work, and was immediately approached for another, more intense one. I accepted (who wouldn't accept work these days?) and find myself back into that routine of living a working mom life. I had forgotten how incredibly hard it is - to find the time to do everything. But, I am figuring it out one day at a time. The money is good for our family right now, so I will continue to do this as long as I can. One day at a time. That seems to be my motto these days.

In the middle of all of that, I am up to my eyeballs in art. I had committed to an art show at my high school Alma mater. Originally I was not going to do any craft and art shows this year, as my experience last year proved to not be worth all the work and trouble. But when I was approached about taking part at this one at the high school I attended, I immediately felt a sense of "coming home" and decided to do it. Perhaps the good experiences I had in high school will live on during the show. So, months ago . . . I accepted and registered and decided to do the craft show.

Knowing that the show was going to be held at the end of September, I enjoyed the summer and planned on spending my days in August and September (once the girls were back at school) preparing for the show. Fast forward . . . job offer. Fast forward . . . NO time to work on art. Fast forward . . . PANIC sets in. I spent the past two weeks working almost every free hour on my art, and my friends . . . I feel more in the zone than EVER. My sister laughs that I have always done my best work when under pressure . . . and I have to say, she is completely right. Here is just a peek (really . . . there is SO MUCH) of what I have been doing in my free time, and what has kept me from all of you . . . .

 
Composition Books . . . or, as I like to call them . . . Altered Journals. I think I mentioned that I was working on them. Oh, my friends . . . I have at least 50 of them completed, and hope to have more by the time the show arrives. Here are a few of them that I most enjoy . . .

 
I really am so proud of these. They are so nicely made (if I do say so myself) and I just love the art (if I do say so myself.) I love the teacher journal, and hope this one will be a great seller. I think it's a lovely gift for the holidays, don't you. My journals are only $6. I think that's a great price.
 
Speaking of holidays, here is some new holiday stuff I am working on. New art pieces and picture frames . . . I love this torn paper look. Makes me happy. (Yes, the wreath piece is upside down. Didn't realize until I pulled the picture in here. Sorry!)  
 
 
My process with my art is often to make something on canvas, and then turn it into whatever I fancy. One canvas piece can often be made available in my magnets, my prints, my ornaments, my journals, or whatever I can imagine. I love these new holiday pieces. Can you imagine the tree design in a lovely pair of holiday earrings or hanging in a pendant on a lovely chain.
Oh, dear . . . must do holiday jewelry, too! SO MUCH to do!
 
Speaking of ornaments . . . I'm working on them, too. I will be drilling holes in these canvas ornaments and adding eyelets, then hanging with a ribbon. I love how they are coming out so far.
I will have my fun Annalee ornaments this year, too. Those were a great seller last year, so I have to make time to do a number of those, as well. 
 
 
Finally, I have been painting some larger canvas pieces to have on display at the show, as well. The two below are 16 x 20 . . . which is much larger than I usually do. But I thought they
are so fun and vibrant and have such a great message, they will definitely
attract people to come over and see what I have at my tables.
 
 
Both pieces will be for sale at the show.
Original art work.
Mine.
Sometimes I can't believe that I am actually doing this.
Pinch me.
 
I've gotten so much done.
But I still have so much to do.
 
More picture frames,
lots more ornaments . . .
oh, and I haven't even started the jewelry.
OH! I FORGOT!
I have also designed some NEW Annalee cards . . . THANK YOU cards!
I LOVE THEM, and will be picking them up from the printer Monday
(oh, dear . . . that's tomorrow! SO MUCH to do!) 
 
After a long discussion with my CFO and my Marketing Director (that would be my sister Laura, my CFO, and my dear friend Peggy, my Marketing Director) I have decided to adjust my pricing on my Annalee cards. They will be $6 for a box of 5 cards, and $10 for a box of 10 cards.
I think that is a great deal.
 
I will be updating my Etsy shop as soon as I am done with this show in September, and I'll notify you via facebook when that is done. So, please promise to stop there in October when you begin you Holiday shopping. I know you'll find a number of gifts for those on your list!
 
And, if you are a local friend of mine, come on over to the Art Show!
 
The Reavis High School Drama Club
2nd annual Arts & Craft Show
 
Saturday, September 29th
9am to 4pm.
 
6034 West 77th Street
Burbank, IL 60459
 
200+ crafters, vendors, and school organization tables. There will be raffles and concessions available. Free admission. Come on out to support a wonderful group of kids!
 
Ok . . . done with the art update.
 
Today, I am having 10 family members to dinner to celebrate my sister's (my CFO) birthday. On the menu . . . a great big pan of baked mostaccioli (is that really how you spell Mostaccioli? I had to look it up, it looks strange to me. Hmmm . .. I must have been spelling it wrong for years!)
along with salad, garlic bread . . .and Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake. Yum!
Happy Birthday, Sis!

Wishing all of you a wonderful day, my friends.

Peace!

Comments

  1. WOW. That's a LOT of art. I wish you the very best!!! Good luck and sell tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO exciting!! Can't wait for the show! Just remember to take some advice from Annalee...get some rest...sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a busy schedule!!:O Glad you have work:O) Im LOVING all the art and ornaments they are wonderful and I know they will fly off the shelves:O) have a great week sweet lady:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you!!! I know you will do great!!! Can't wait to get some of your new creations too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne I can't tell you how proud I am of you! You have accomplished so much and you should be so proud of all the work you have done! Everything is beautiful! I love the coffee cups and the "Life is so much greater when shared". You are doing fantastic! Have a great week!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!