Crafty Schmafty Fridays 2

Oh, how I love Fridays!

They are quickly becoming one of my most favorite days EVER! And not just because it marks the end of a hectic school and work week. Nope, not at all.

I love them because over here at From Chaos Comes Happiness . . .
        they are . . .

Crafty Schmafty Fridays!!!!
Wahooooie!

And my friends, I just LOVE getting my "Crafty" on!!!

Now, one little bit of business before we begin. I finally have my button ready for you to grab . . . so please venture over to the right side bar and take a look! I'd be absolutely honored if you would be so kind as to post my "Crafty Schmafty Fridays" button on your blog. Really . . . it would just thrill me! I'd love to see this become a great big Blog party each and every week, so please consider joining in! Whew . . . I'm glad the business is over.

Let's us continue, shall we?

WELCOME to this week's Crafty Schmafty Friday!!! And, oh, I think you're going to love what I did this time! It's a good one!

Last week I received a lovely message from someone at my Etsy shop, asking if I would be able to do a custom hand painted picture frame for her. She said ". . . my sister and brother-in-law recently had a baby girl, and I've called her child "Duckie" since before we knew she was pregnant! Now that the baby has arrived, I want to make a frame that says, "Duckie & Auntie B" with a baby duck painted on the frame. Is this something you think you can do?"

And my answer? OF COURSE!!!

So this week, I am sharing with you my process when making one of my hand painted picture frames. I start with a wooden frame that I have bought at Michael's, and then paint it a base coat in whatever color I wish.


For our "Duckie" frame, I started with soft blue (skies) and then added some textured stamps on the background.

Next, I have a whole box of thicker watercolor paper that I have previously painted in a variety of colors and styles. Some of them have patterns on it that I have done, others are just straight color. Once I have decided on the paper colors I am using, I start to cut the paper and make my design come to life.


All of the paper cutting that I do is done by hand. Nothing is pre-drawn. I just have the image in my mind, and know exactly how I want it to come out. After the shapes are cut, I usually ink the edges . . . just to add a little more definition to them.


I also type out whatever writing I want on the art piece, and then glue it all down.

Then the playing starts. I "dress it up" by adding my little touches here and there. Most is done with a marker or paint marker, and then I outline all the shapes once the glue has dried.


Finally . . . a coat of Mod Podge. (I love Mod Podge. I don't think I can live without it!)


And, my friends . . . the finished frame.


I sent the frame off to Auntie B. a couple of days ago. I can't wait to hear her response. I hope she loves it as much as I loved creating it!

These frames really are such fun to make, and something I have to add more of in my Etsy shop. Perhaps next week I'll have a "frame marathon" and see how many new designs I can make. That would be fun, don't you think?

So . . . I wonder . . . what have YOU done Crafty this week?

Let us know. Blog about it. Tell us about it. Link up below . . . we'll have a party. It's Friday, afterall. What better day to party, than today?

Wishing you peace, dear friends . . . and lots of schmafty crafts!




Comments

  1. Adorable! Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is fabulous Leanne.. clever, crafty you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So cute and exactly perfect! I do a post called "Mixed Media Mondays" and will add my link next Monday to your list. How fun Crafty Schmafty Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! So cute and so perfect. I do a blog post called "Mixed Media Mondays" and will link up with your next week. I think your title is much more creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Leanne! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I couldn't have imagined anything so PERFECT for Duckie and I am so excited to receive this. I sent this link to my sister so she could see - and I'll be sending it out to others as well! You are so talented - I'll definitely be saving your Etsy site so that I can reach out to you for more frames in the future (when more sisters and brothers start having babies!). Thanks again - you're amazing! -Billie (AKA "Auntie B")

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweeeeeet!!! So inspirationally c...u..t..e!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this is SO cute!! What a talent you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is AWESOME!!! You are ONE talented woman!!!! Grabbing my button now:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a crafter - but this is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable my friend! I love being crafty and this is a great idea. I am a big Mod Podge fan! I have not used it in a long time. I have to get to the art store soon. You are so talented! :)

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing the technique. If you are looking for some more cute picture frames please check out http://www.craftyframes.com. I hope you enjoy mine too. Thanks for looking. Please let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!