Yes, I AM!


When I was little, I wanted to be an artist.

I know I've told you that before . . . maybe once or twice. It was the job I dreamed of. Well, one of the jobs I dreamed of. I wanted to make art . . . and I wanted to teach it. To empower, to inspire, to encourage, to teach. Really. It's what I think my core is made of.

And my friends . . . I'm going to be doing it. I got a job, my friends. A dream job. A job that will allow ME to be ME. REALLY me. The me that can create, dream, inspire, motivate, encourage, teach, and share my talents with others.

Really.

Me.

This summer, I'll be teaching art classes for our Park District. Yes, it's the park district (not my own studio). But it is the beginning of something amazing. I feel it.

And I still feel like a "pinch me" would fit in right about now.

You see, every season when the new park district catalog would arrive in our mailbox, I would quickly peruse the pages trying to find . . .SOMETHING that I could take. A class that would fit that creative void I was feeling. A class that spoke to me. And I found, year after year, that there was no such class.

Then all of a sudden . . . a friend emailed me on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. She shared our communities Facebook page with me, along with an add that they were looking for part-time instructors for Cultural Activities for Adults. It hit me . . . LIKE A BRICK . . . that perhaps I needed to do this. Instead of looking for a class to take . . . why not BECOME THE CLASS? why not START THE CLASS? why not TEACH THE CLASS?

And . . . it was that easy.

I called. A meeting was arranged. I am fairly sure I overwhelmed them with over 10 class ideas, and countless examples of my work. Words flew out of my mouth as freely as can be. And before I left, I was given a "homework assignment" and was on my way.

My class descriptions are planned. The dates and rooms have been scheduled.

And my friends . . . I am making a DREAM come TRUE.

Because . . . I never stopped, for one minute, in believing.

Oh, it's taken me years. (42 to be exact). But for the very first time (in a very long time), I am going to be doing something that I WANT TO DO . . . 110%!

And it is an AMAZING feeling.

Flourish?

Definitely.

So, the classes will begin in the summer. The catalogs will be printed in the coming weeks. And before you know it, I'll be gathering supplies and preparing a detailed syllabus.

Chills. I have them. BIG time.

Around the holidays, Phil and I had a heart to heart over our plans in the coming months. How much longer can I go without returning to the "health care" field? When would be the best time to get back to work? Can I continue creating and having my Etsy shop open? What was next in this life of mine?

While the thought of returning to a non-creative, health care job was not my passion . . . I knew that the reality was that I would have to make that decision sooner rather than later. I would do whatever I needed to do for our family, for our future, for all of us.

But my friends . . . FLOURISH. DREAM BIG. and NEVER GIVE UP.

That's what I'm talking about.

Because, you know. I am a teacher.

YES, I AM!

Peace.

p.s. I'll share the class specifics with you at a later time. Right now, I'm just taking in the moments of all that happened in the past week. I don't want it to go toooo fast. So hang on. I'll share the classes and info with you soon. Promise!

Peace, again!

Comments

  1. Congrats! You just get up and keep on goin' girlie! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leanne!!! This will be amazing!! You will love it!! So proud of YOU my sweet friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS HUGE. HUUUUUUUGE. Do you hear me??? This is only the beginning. I can tell. I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the news! U will be a great teache! Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out-fricken'-standing!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So incredibly proud of you my friend! You should think about opening up an art studio for children. you can have birthday parties there and so much fun. Your inspiration the will be passed on. Congratulations!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!