March-ing On!

I can't believe I haven't written in a month. One month. One complete and entire month.

Augh.

As I've said many times before, I'm multi-creatively-challenged. I swear, I need to write a book just on that concept alone. However in doing that, I fear it would bring yet another absence of some other creative task. I started the year off so strong here in blogland, but somewhere got lost this past month. In between starting a new health regimen, Phil's really crazy busy travel schedule, a craft fair, and a whole desire to get in touch with myself (again . . . ), my blog fell to the wayside. Something always gives.

Sniff. Sniff.

My sister is always telling me to stop apologizing for things (I am a frequent "I'm sorry" girl). Actually, she yells at me. "STOP SAYING YOU'RE SORRY!!!!" she'll demand, when I truly deep in my heart express apologies to people for what they are expressing. "STOP IT!!" She gets pissed at me. It makes me feel worse, and has me wanting to apologize (yet again) for saying 'sorry' in the first place. It's a vicious cycle.

So, I won't apologize here for my absence. I will only tell you that I am here, today. And I am glad you are here, too. And then, we shall move on. Shall we?

So, March. Busy. A bit of a blur. Fast paced. Exhausting. March.

Here is a bit of what I did this month, where my energy was focused, and what took me away from here.

My Art 
I had another craft show mid month, so I found myself working on some new products earlier in the month. These are larger wooden decorative blocks made from some of my original art. Most of the art was newly designed and created for the show. The original pieces are mixed media, and three of them already sold! (YAY!) The blocks are about 5.5" square, and came out so beautifully! I will have them in my Etsy shop mid-April, so be on the look out for them. They were a BIG HIT at the fair!


Here is a photo of a part of the table at the craft show. Coffee mugs, spiral notebooks, new magnets . . . it was a GREAT sale with lots of new products to share. I was so proud of all the new work, and seeing it displayed on the table truly, as the artist and visionary of these items, takes my breath away.



My Health
If we happen to be Facebook friends, you will already be well aware that I am really focused on healthy eating and getting my physical self together. This month I started Weight Watchers. It was time. It has been going very well for me, and I am feeling so great about this journey I am on. However, if my mother asks me just once how much weight I'm losing, I think I will hit her. ; ) . .  . my mother is big on numbers. That is what motivates her. For me, it is not the numbers. It's the lifestyle. It's about putting good things into me. It's about making food beautiful when on the plate. It's about inspiring others. It's about feeling good about myself. Here are just a few of the meals I shared this month . . . I am proud of myself.  Look for me on Facebook for this continued journey. It's going to be good, my friends. 



Job Opportunities
I was asked to paint a mural for a friends daughter's bedroom. The request was for waves along the walls of the room. The bedding they are using is a cool tie-dyed pattern from Pottery Barn kids. I loved it the minute I saw it, and I knew exactly the vision I had for the wall. Luckily, my friend was very open to what I envisioned, and let me go ahead and do whatever I wanted. I was so happy with the outcome.

Here is a look at a photo my friend sent me via text this week . . . I am so happy with how it all came together, and hope her daughter loves it!


Focus
My word for 2014 is focused. I go back and forth trying to decide if it is the best word for me. But this past week, I realized . . . it is a PERFECT word for this year. Focused. I took a long walk with Phil one day this week. There is a nearby trail that is so beautiful . . . it was at least 2.7 miles (we started the tracking app a short time after we started.) It was cold out, a bit cloudy and overcast, but quiet. Just us walking on this long trail. We talked a little, but most of the walk was spent focused on our task. It felt so good to accomplish it when we were done (even though my knee was killing me afterwards. I slid on a big patch of ice in a grocery store parking lot this past winter, and really messed up my knee. I haven't been the same since then. But, I shall overcome!) This path and I are going to become very good friends this year . . . I can't wait.


So that brings us up to date. I am so glad for the month of quality time with me and my life. I am looking forward to the Spring with great anticipation for some wonderful things . . . and hope to be here sharing with you along the way. Thanks for the peek at my life the past month. I wonder how you spent yours.

Wishing you peace, my friends, where ever you may be today.

Hugs.

Comments

  1. Awesome! The joy is in the journey. I think you have a great attitude towards everything. Keep up the beautiful work. Both on your artwork and yourself. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne...I am so IMPRESSED at ALL YOU HAVE DONE!! You are living your amazing life to the FULLEST!! Your art is TRULY inspiring!! And your blog banner....LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

    I am enjoying seeing your food pics on Instagram and FB. Keep them coming!! They inspire me and give me yummy food ideas:)

    What a WONDERFUL feeling knowing you made some little girl happy with her darling bedroom!!

    You are growing and learning and sharing and I am PROUD of you!!!

    Love,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you and thrilled to read about your journey. What I am seeing is you are in control of your life and you are making serious steps to continue to evolve into the beautiful person you are. Love you dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!