Taking a Moment . . . to Dream

November.

              It's November.

                               Holy Cow.

                                              I still don't know where April, May, June or July went.

                                                              And here it is . . . November.

I used to hate when I'd overhear adults talking about how fast time was moving. As a young child, I remember thinking, "FAST? You call this FAST??? It takes FOR-EVER to get through ONE day!" Yes, I must be getting old, because this year . . . is flying.

You know how funny life is? Like, when you feel things happening at record speed and you can't even stop long enough to take a breath . . . and then . . . WHAMMMM . . . BRAKE LIGHTS . . . and you STOP. I think God, or the universe (or whoever you put your faith into), just takes over the driver seat for you and reminds you that it is all so very precious and we are getting a little away from ourselves, so we must STOP and take that breather we so desperately need.

That happened to me this week.

Unfortunately, my kids had to carry the weight of it. Both of them came down with a pretty horrible fever virus and I've spent 4 of the past 5 days locked up at home . . . resting, recuperating and nursing them back to health. I think God did this for a reason. Things were getting a little too crazy, and we (our family, collectively) needed to STOP.

So, we've stopped. And we've taken a moment. Quite a few of them, to be exact.

In addition, I have gladly completed two classroom parties this week, and have kept up with the laundry. While this doesn't seem like anything big to write home about . . . for me, it is.

So these moments, have been GREATLY appreciated.

I've been thinking a lot about dreams lately, too. Not the dreams that you have in your sleep. No, I'm talking about the dreams that you have for your life . . . the cherished hope and ambition you have in and for something.

While being all caught up in the hectic state of the past year . . . I think I forgot . . . about dreams. I forgot what it was like to have hope in something way out there. I forgot what it was like to dream. It seems between school meetings, birthday parties, Girl Scouts, business trips, grocery shopping, loads of laundry, and all the other things that have been taking up time . . . I gave up on them. And the down-time I've had this week has had me thinking about them. My dreams. I like them. I mean, I used to like them . . . when I took the time to have them. 

So, I did what I love to do, and looked at it from Annalee's perspective.

Here's my latest Annalee . . . about . . . dreams.


I love that.

And I think it's so so true.

Dreams.

I'm starting to have them again, my friends.

How about you? Have you been dreaming?

Share one in the comment below. I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. Love this!!! I dream of finding a job I absolutely love that allows me time to be there for my family too. Happy everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreaming. I'm dreaming of finishing the extensive edits on my book and getting it published. I'm dreaming of getting in shape and not feeling my nearly 43 years. And I suppose while I'm at it, I'm dreaming of losing weight while still eating all the sugar and cream (cough, cough).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dreaming of putting all of the puzzle pieces together and filling whole again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dreaming of new beginnings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dreaming of getting our finances healthy again and living the most AMAZING and normal life!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!