Tears, Open House, and an Epiphany


13 days.

It's been 13 days since I've written here. Yikes. That has to been the longest break I've ever taken from my blog. How could it be? Where, on earth, have I been?

I've always said I'm Multi-Creatively Challenged - I have a hard time putting creative effort into multiple avenues at one time. I can work on a couple of 'like' projects at the same time, but throw something completely different into the mix, and I'm blubber. It doesn't work for me. The brain can't function. So trying to write a meaningful and well written blog post the past few weeks has been almost impossible. Because . . . I'm in holiday gift making mode.

I had a table at a local Holiday Bazaar last week and had a pretty successful show (yay!) Afterwards, I decided to throw a little bit more into the mix by hosting a Holiday Open House at my house . . . TODAY (at 3pm) . . . for all my friends, family members and neighbors.

There is something pretty overwhelming about opening up your art to people in your life. I found myself in a bit of a panic mode this morning ... you know, when you expose your art to people who don't really know what you are doing, it leaves you quit vulnerable. I'm feeling that way today.

But, I'm excited. And proud. And hopeful that I can make some money. And grateful to anyone who may walk into my home today.

After getting the room set up this morning, I stood back for a second and felt my eyes well up with tears. My art . . . spread all over my family room . . . open . . . raw . . . exposed.

I've worked my bootie off the past couple of months. Long nights and early days. Working, and then coming home and putting so much of myself into my art. It's been physically and emotionally exhausting. And today, I am putting it out there. To friends, to acquaintance, to people I haven't seen in years. It's scary. But oh-so good, too.

At the Holiday Bazaar last week, I had an epiphany while talking to a customer. She was asking how I came up with the stuff that I make, and without even thinking about my answer, I said, "I do it for my daughters. It's my message to them. What I want them to know when I am not by their side. What I want them to remember as they live their lives." That thought has resonated in my head over and over this past week. How could I have not articulated that before? It's EXACTLY why I do what I do. Why I create what I create. Why I believe what I believe. For them. And for others.

My epiphany.

What an awesome moment.

And today, I'm sharing it with so many more.

Wish me luck, friends. I'm off to shower and make myself all beautiful.

And I promise I'll be back soon with more.

Wishing YOU a wonderful day.

Peace.

Comments

  1. Awe. This is a lovely post. I haven't told anyone around me (minus James) what I do. I haven't told them that I craft or have a blog. One day I know I will be in the exact same spot as you. Hope all goes well!

    Cody
    solemnsound.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!!! I will see you in about an hour!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...you have me crying!! WOW!! What an ephinany!! That is sooo true..and it's how I feel too. But I never really thought about that till right now!! So, so true!!! I am so proud of you for all you have done. I have watched you grow and spread your wings. Your art is just so YOU, too. LOVE IT!! Never ever stop, Leanne!!!

    So proud of you for doing the Open House too. Seriously cool idea:)

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, it looks wonderul
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you sold lots of your goodies, as for writing here, I have said many times it is quality not quantity that is important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just dropping by to wish you and your family a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so perfect, and so true. Likely something you've always known, just needing the right question at the right moment for it to form its perfect whole. And what you create carries beauty, and beautiful messages, to those of us who don't get to see your smile every day, too ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!