A "Me Party" Kind of Day

        
So, how is your week going, my friend? Do you find yourself changing any behaviors or habits as a result of your word for this year?

Well . . . I've been embracing FOCUS and all that comes with it. So much so, that I had a "Me Party" one day last week. And it was wonderful. 

I've wanted to see the movie "Saving Mr. Banks" since it came out, but between Phil's travel schedule, my schedule, and the kids schedules, Phil and I could not get ourselves there. This bothered me so . . . especially since it looked like a movie I would greatly enjoy. 

All week I hmmmed and hawed about going to see it - the guilt took over as I told myself, "No . . . You cannot take yourself during the day, while your kids are at school and your husband is at work. You should be home . . . doing laundry, making dinner, or painting. You don't deserve such a treat for yourself.

And then, I told myself . . . "Go. Do it. You want to see it . . . so see it."

So, I did. 

Sometimes the very best thing we can do, is to fill our souls with what it needs when it needs it. 

I've seen movies by myself many many times before, but usually during a late late show on a Sunday evening when all my children (the girls and Phil) had been tucked in and are on their way to dreamland. Usually after the needs for those in my life are met for the day, and only then. 

This was the first time I went by myself smack dab in the middle of the day. I really focused on what I wanted, what I wished for, at that very moment. And I made it happen. 

I sat in the big theater, just me and an older couple many rows away, and had the most delightful two hours. Peaceful. Sitting in a row that I wanted to sit in, and not having to share a single popcorn kernel with another soul. 

And while I still feel a tinge of guilt because of it . . . I am also proud of myself for allowing myself to actually focus on something I wanted to do. 

Yes, for me it was so much more than just going to see a movie. 

It was about making my own dreams come true. Does that make sense, or does it perhaps a little bit of a stretch? 

Let me try it this way . . . So often as a wife, and then even more so as a mother, we lose sight of our own dreams. Our own desires. We live our lives striving to make everyone else's better, and I truly do love that part of me. But I often find myself so clouded by the needs of everyone around me, that I forget what it really was I wanted to begin with. 

Yes, I am living in the moments. And last week, when I took myself to the movies, it was a wonderful moment to be in! 

Comments

  1. Go Sandy! You have to take care of yourself too. Was the movie good? I thought it sounded like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne...I LOVE that you went to the movies. Such a GREAT motivator for me to keep following my own dreams!! My Word is MOVE and I AM focused on that word and all that it means in my life. I am doing pretty well and feel so blessed!!

    Your blog is sooo cute....glad it's back to you!!! And while we are talking about blogs,girl...could you makeover mine?? I need something new and fresh!! I can send you photos or whatever you need. Do you have any ideas?? I am open to suggestions. Just pm on fb or something.

    Thanks so much for getting back to writing Leanne!! TRULY I love your words!!!!

    xoxo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!