Downton Day!

                         
For those of you who may not be a Facebook friend, a little Annalee for the soul . . . because it is, after all, Downton Abbey day in the U.S.A.! (No, there is no 'official' Downton Abbey Day that I am aware of - but it is the beginning of airing season 4 for those of us in the states.)

I never quite understood why the U.S. is so far behind in airing the show from when it originally appears in England. I think it is just their way of punishing us for crossing over the pond those hundreds of years ago. ;) 

Whatever the case may be, the DVR is set, and I have plans to have the girls in bed promptly at 8pm tonight . . . when I will be transported to a world so very unlike my own. I am a huge fan of period movies and shows (any period piece, really, from the renaissance times, to the 1950's), and Downton Abbey truly fits the bill! Transporting to a distant land and another time is greatly welcomed right now . . . Have you seen the weather? 

Chicago (home) is in the midst of some nasty winter storms right now. It has been snowing since 4pm yesterday, and is still coming down . . . with no end in sight. If the snow wasn't enough, we are to hit a record breaking low temperature tomorrow of NEGATIVE 13. That is, a HIGH of -13 with lows even less that that. NEGATIVE 13. Seriously. 

But, we are Chicagoans. We can handle it. 

I think. 

                          

And somewhere on my front lawn, next to my magnolia, is a large blow up snowman and Santa left from our Christmas decorations. There is no sign of them this morning . . . They are buried under all of the snow that has fallen, but they are there. Somewhere. 

As I sit at my kitchen table, the sounds of the wind blowing against the house are a bit unnerving. Makes me so glad to be in my warm home . . . Safe and sound. Phil is supposed to be leaving today for a long trip, but I am not too sure he'll be able to get out today at all. And that's just fine by me. 

So tonight, Downton Abbey. Yes, I'll gladly welcome the escape. It's good to do that every once in a while . . . even when so focused on the now. 

Happy Sunday, friends!! 

Stay safe and warm! 

Xo

Comments

  1. So very excited 1) to watch Downton Abbey tonight, 2) that you are back to posting on your blog, 3) that Annalee has returned, and 4) that I get to throw things in the oven all day to add warmth to this house!!

    And I'm thinking it will be at least a couple months before Snowy and Santa show up !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited also to sit and watch Downton Abbey tonight!! Sorry about your weather, though. I could not imagine. It sound nice and cozy inside!! I'm in South Florida. It's a tad different here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!