New Year . . . New Word!

Happy New Year, dear friends, and oh-how-glad I am that it is here! 2014 . . . I welcome you with arms wide open!

Those of you who have followed me for some time know that I am really into the whole "Word of the Year" or "One Little Word" idea - having a word that sums up what you want for yourself in the new year. Since 2008, I've been strongly guided by a word each and every year. Peace, balance, create, believe,  courage, and flourish . . . these words, together, make up the sum of me. When I read through my list of past words, I am reminded of how each of them pushed me when I no longer had the drive to push myself. They have helped me try to remain true to my core. So this year, I'm choosing another word to help guide me in my life - day in and day out. 

Words . . . how very powerful they can be. 

My word usually finds me in mid-December, just when the hustle and bustle of the holiday season starts to really get to me. This year, my word didn't find me as easily as others have. Or is it, I just wasn't ready for it? 

But in the last day, it hit me like a brick. 

Because lately . . . I've been scattered. I've been in a fog. I've been going through the motions, without really being present. My mind has been going 100mph, and I couldn't even begin to tell you what it has been thinking. I've been preoccupied with thoughts that really don't matter, re-living frustrating moments from years ago that should have long been forgotten, and harboring reactions that should be over. I hate it. I really do. And I'm one of those people who really dislikes the word 'hate', so for me to use it now . . . you must know how strongly I feel about it. 

So, back to 2014. A new year. A new word. 

And for that, I am most grateful. 

Without further ado . . . I happily share my word for 2014 . . . F O C U S

       

Focus . . . on me. 
Focus . . . on my faith. 
Focus . . . on my health. 
Focus . . . on my husband. 
Focus . . . on my children. 
Focus . . . on the good. 
Focus . . . on my marriage. 
Focus . . . on happiness.
Focus . . . on my art. 
Focus . . . on the joy.
Focus . . . on my goals. 
Focus . . . on kindness. 
Focus . . . on those who want to be in my life. 
Focus . . . on what matters. 

Focus . . . on what really matters. 


     

Here is my stack of reading materials for the first few months of this year. To help me on my path. To keep me in line. To open up my mind. To FOCUS. 

I love it. 

Every single part of it. 

Focus . . . on what really matters. 

Focus. 

It's going to be a wonderful year, my friends. 

How about you? Have you chosen a word to live by this year? Leave me a message with your word, and share your blog post if you have written about it. I'd love to know what you plan to focus on in the new year!  ;) 

happy new year!! 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh FOCUS is a GREAT word Leanne!!! Love all things in your life you want to FOCUS on. 2014 will be AMAZING:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful word for you!! This is going to be a great year in the life of Chaos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!! It's very close to one I'm considering, as it's so hard to lose focus, to feel so scattered and discombobulated instead of being present. MUCH love and happiness, and many blessings, to you in the new year ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it!! I chose LIVE... I need to live each day fully.... Life is soooo incredibly short. Focus!! Good one..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear. I was eager to see what your word would be! :-) I don't do well with words, but I have ideas. And my idea is to embrace this year. I don't want to hide from life, I want to embrace it.

    Leanne, will you add my book to your pile when you have time for it? It's out on Amazon now. So excited. :-) It'll add to your "faith" focus since that's what it's about.

    Happy, happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my sweet sweet Lady Jennie!!! You KNOW I WILL!!!!! I'm delighted, excited, and cannot wait. I'm off to order IMMEDIATELY!!! (YAY!) And will be back to visit you at your blogland home so very soon. I'm getting back to myself . . . I feel it. So excited to reconnect, my friend!

      Delete
  7. I like this very much! Hope you can achieve all of your goals.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome word. I wish you much success with it. I really like the focus on what really matters. We all need to do that. So often we find ourselves worrying about stuff we shouldn't. Take a look at my new word or words post. www.fullymutated.blogspot.com Mine is basically to see the good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited to see we share the same word for 2014!! Love your collection of books - I have many of the same. Also got a great chuckle about your roots! Love it!! I'll check in with you to see how it's going . . . because my focus is to focus. Happy New Year! It will be a great one!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!