Taking My Breath Away

There are moments in this life when I feel the breath actually come out of my body.

When I gasp, and have to inhale deeply, then hold it for a few seconds as the air fills my soul.

Moments when I stop, FOCUS, and actually feel my place in the universe. Moments when I am not bothered by the hustle and bustle and chaos of life around me. Moments when I can stop it all . . . and just . . . BE.

As part of my "Word of the Year", FOCUS, I am doing a great deal of that lately.

These moments, the ones that take my breath away, are so important right now.

They are exactly what I need.

Moments like . . .

 . . . when I am driving down my favorite road and I look at the beauty around me. Even in freezing temperatures and on cloudy days, the snow covered trees looked painted on by the angels in heaven, and it took my breath away. What a beautiful world.
      
 . . . when I catch a tender moment between a man and his daughters, it takes my breath away. Knowing that these children truly were a gift from God, and being reminded of how precious every single day with them is. What a beautiful love. 
      
. . . or when I watch my children (even when they aren't totally 'in' the moment), as they discover they can do anything. This photo was from Katie's band concert this past December. I laugh to see Katie (on the far left) as her attention was grabbed by something across the gymnasium, not quite in the band moment, but being totally herself. But when she is playing . . . really playing . . . I am amazed at what her little 10 year old self is capable of. Or, when I tuck Ella in for bed at nighttime, and she reads to me, it truly takes my breath away. What a beautiful life.
. . . or finally, when I find little places and spaces full of hope and inspiration in my home, just ready to be soaked up by a willing soul. I often say that I like to surround my daughters and guests of our home with encouraging art and uplifting thoughts . . . but I realize now more than ever, that I include these things in our home for me, too. To remind me of the possibilities. And when I stop long enough to take these little spots in . . . they truly do take my breath away. What a beautiful universe.

Thank you for letting me share a few of my moments today.

I hope you find time to BE in your day. 
Find a special moment, and allow life to take the breath away from you. Even if just for a minute. 

I promise, it is worth every second of it.

Wishing you peace, dear friend.

REMINDER!

Don't forget to leave a comment on this blog post from Tuesday, and be entered to win an AWESOME box full of crafty and art goodies! I picked up a box from Target yesterday, and wouldn't you know . . . it has room in it!!!! So, it looks like I'll be adding to the stash and sending some extra creative fun to the lucky winner!!  Yay!!!

And, in all of my excitement and joy over my dear friend Lady Jennie's book "A Lady in France", I failed to share her blog with you! Lady Jennie can be found regularly over at her blog  "A Lady In France". Feel free to head over there and meet the wonderful Lady Jennie, and look around. As far as the book . . . remember . . . it is available here on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/A-Lady-France-Jennie-Goutet/dp/1494400987/ref=as_li_tf_mfw?&linkCode=wey&tag=alainfr-20#reader_1494400987

I have to say one more thing about the book . . . it is written so well, so descriptive of her experience and surroundings, that you feel as if you are on the journey with her. I started reading it last evening. When I closed the book after Chapter 4, I actually gave it a hug. I am so proud of her, I can't even begin to tell you. So proud.

Peace, again, my friends.

And remember . . . enjoy the moments - all of them.
 

Comments

  1. I came back to grab your blog url because I'm going to mention you in my blog tomorrow (keep your eyes peeled). ;-) And then I saw this. I could use that hug (instead of my book)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm just loving your blog more and more all the time, Leanne. It's so encouraging and positive. I try to stop and notice moments that take my breath away, but I hadn't thought to take photos of them. That's something I'll be doing now when I can. I'm off to visit Jennie's blog. Blessings and hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Shelly! Thanks so much for the kind words. I always try to end each and every post on the positive . . . it's really important to me. Life is hard enough!! ;) Wishing you a wonderful weekend, dear friend!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!