The After

Greetings, dear friends! And welcome back to "The After" of our living room project. Yes, it's been a fun week of DIY tricks here . . . really, we just painted our living room. That's all. No walls knocked down. No drastic room changes. Just a different color on the walls.

But it feels so good, you know?

Yes, I've been feeling stuck and in a rut for a while now. Since I stopped working last July, I have been spending most of my days in this house . . . God bless all the folks out there who spend all their days in their homes. It sure can get on my nerves.

So, PG and I started talking about changing things up here. And I am thrilled.

We started with the living room.  If you remember, last week I shared a "before" photo with you . . . how the room has looked for the past (gulp) 10 years.

Yep. That's how it's looked for quite a while. I'm not sure if you can get a total picture of the color it was, so here is another shot of the room taken around the holidays a few years ago . . .


It's a little blurry, but you can definitely see the orange walls.


And here, my friends . . . is the new room. . .


I have to say, I am so happy with how the new color looks. It's lighter, but still so welcoming. We also bought a new rug for the room, new pillows for the couch, and added some old framed art work from our bedroom. I couldn't believe how great the art work looked with the new color.

Here is one more look from a different angle . . .


 And a close-up of the pillows . . . I just love the pillows . . .


Here is a photo of the room in natural light. This is how it usually looks as I walk into it each day. I'm really pleased with the outcome. . .


It's been a great project, and even though all the furniture is the same, it is a big change for us. We are moving on to re carpeting the stairs going up to our second floor, and all of the bedrooms (that will be done on April 24th.) After that, we're going to make some changes to our kitchen. Then . . . I think we'll be done.

So, there you have it.

Make sure you come back on Monday for our next Magnificent Monday Vlog. YES! I'll be back for more video mayhem!! AND it will be post #600 . . . so I'll be announcing a special give-away for one lucky winner! I am  also working on a special art piece for our hall way, and I can't wait to share it with you. Plus, I've got a great quote for the week.

Moving forward, my friends.

I'm moving forward.

And it feels great.

Wishing you peace on this wonderful Saturday!

Comments

  1. Ooohhhh!!! I'm lovin' the look!! Yes, this room was ready to take on a makeover! (Although I did love the last look!).

    Can't believe you are at 600 already. We started blogging around the same time. Why is it I haven't even gotten to 200????

    See you on Monday's Vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love this Leanne, the new color on the walls makes the furniture 'pop', so to speak. I really notice the little touches with this new color, congrats to you! I know how this is a great project, when it's all done!! sahmatwork

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does look great!! Sooo clean and fresh. I bet you get peace everytime you enter:)

    Happy almost 600 posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The before was beautiful but so is the after - I love how much change a few touches make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Very clean and the color is very updated. Me likey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!