It's ALL Good!

My friend Peggy told me last week that she doesn't like when I am quiet; when I don't blog; when I don't vlog; when I don't update facebook. All of that kind of stuff that used to happen like clockwork for me. She's right, you know? She knows me so well. Usually when I am quiet with my words, that means I am internalizing something or working through something in this dangerous mind of mine. Sometimes I feel as if I need to retract.

It's ok. Really. It's all good. SO don't worry about me, ok?  Just know that I am working through some things. I'm here . . . checking in with all of you . . . reading all of your blogs (even though I am not commenting). I just need to be still for a little bit. Quiet. Breath. Focus. Dream. Believe. All of that.

Now, to some GOOOOOOD stuff. This has been a really exciting week for me!

Did I tell you? This May, I am participating in a really inspiring project with some WONDERFUL and amazing souls. You can read more about it at 10 Women. 10 Businesses. 10 Questions. Link on over to the sight and take a few seconds to read about the project, if you'd like. The short take . . . 10 women with 10 businesses, sharing their thoughts and feelings on 10 questions regarding their personal journeys. LOVE IT!
The question I will be answering is absolutely PERFECT for me:

The hardest part about pursuing a dream is . . .


I am so excited to be a part of the FIRST GROUP of participants. Special thanks to artist and fellow flyer Robin Norgren for coming up with, and faciliting, this whole project. If you don't know Robin, click on her name to link over to her sight and see what an amazing soul she is. The more I learn of her, the more I like her. Really. She's just . . . cool.

Stay tuned here for more info on 101010!



In addition to that news, I have to share another really cool story with you.


Another artist, Christy Nimeh (link on over to check her site out) started a new opportunity and give-away over at her blog this week call "Finish Your Painting". Taken from Christy's own words, here she explains her new give-away concept: "So here’s the deal. I will start a new painting about once a month or so. Nothing big, just splashing some paint and maybe some marks and text. Then I will post a picture and ask YOU for direction and how YOU think that I should finish the piece. The person who’s  answer inspires me the most, will GET the painting! Super simple, all you need to do is leave a comment on my blog."

Isn't that the coolest???? I love that idea!

So, last week, Christy posted this picture:
painting in progress by Christy Nimeh
I just love Christy's whimsical style, and I love the colors and the shapes and just everything about this piece when I saw it.

The comment I left for Christy regarding my vision for this piece was as follows:  " . . . I see a round (delightfully chubby) red cardinal sitting right in the middle of the canvas, with his beak pointing to the skies as he sings a charming little melody for all to hear. It looks to me like there is a fence there, so he is sitting on the fence. Floating in the back are small music notes . . . in a primitive style . . .
Red Cardinals are rather special to me in my life, as my father and I used to love to watch them together. My dad passed away 8 years ago, and whenever I see a cardinal now, I immediately feel like it is my father sending me a message that he is still with me. My dad used to mimic the cardinals call by whistling, and for some reason . . . the minute I saw your picture, I thought of my dad and knew that cardinal should be sitting right there . . . singing. What a fantastic idea . . . can’t wait to see which direction you take your piece. SO talented, my friend!!!"

Well, I guess you can imagine by now . . . I WON! Christy LOVED my idea for the painting, and is going to complete her design and painting with the vision I had. And I WIN THE finished painting!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I am SO excited, I can't wait to see where Christy takes it. And don't worry, I'll be sure to share it with you here.

So. my friends. This is where I'm at. It's all good. I'll be back with a Vlog soon (I PROMISE!) I also have a few other things up my sleeve that I think you'll enjoy. Don't give up on me yet, ok? I certainly haven't given up on myself. And know that I am thinking of you!

Peace.

Comments

  1. Hugs to you while you steep and marinate in all of the good life has to offer you. I know that you'll be ready to go when the pop up timer has announced that you're done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is wonderful! I'm sure it will turn out lovely!!
    I'll have to check out her site ;)
    I retract too. Sometimes I just need to be alone ya know. Like I don't feel like interacting.
    Meh.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! So happy you are ok. I knew you would be fine...afterall I have been reading your blog for years now and I know that every now and then you need your time...we all do...and that is what being in this world is all about. Our dreams take time to cultivate in our hearts and then brnging them out...well that is the scary part.

    Good stuff coming up with Robin!!!

    Love,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so so so relate to those periodic needs for introspection. I'm glad you won that gorgeous painting. I love the colors, also love the whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me? There's no giving up on you, girl! I understand the need to go within for awhile. Congratulations on winning the painting!! Thanks for coming by my blog and your wonderful comment too. You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you need to breathe - then breathe.

    If you need to write - then write.

    If you need to participate in a 10 10 10 project - then participate.

    If you need to win a painting - then rub it in our faces.

    hahahahahahaha
    Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and I are a lot alike. When I do not blog or e-mail for a while, my cousin calls me from Spain and asks me if I am OK. Sometimes e all just need to take a moment to simply "stop". I have been so busy the past month that I just have not been able to comment like I used to and blog as much like in the past. I am still blogging though, but time has a way of really cruising. I hope you have a marvelous Easter Leanne!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!