Lessons in the Cellar

I spent the day in the cellar yesterday.


The Scrapbook Cellar, that is.

A day with three of my dearest creative souls.

 The three people who I can't hide from.

The three people I can't cover things up for,
and who can see right through me.

 I hate that.

 ;)

Actually, I love that.

Because I can't sugar-coat anything for them.
They see right through it.
They call my bluff. They get me.

Sometimes a person just wants to be "got", you know?

 I usually leave the cellar having learned a number of lessons.
Yesterday was no different.
 The biggest lesson I learned?
 I have issues.
No, I'm kidding.

I mean, I'm not kidding that I have issues.
I think we determined that I definitely have issues.
And I really am my own worst enemy.

What I am kidding about, though,
is that that wasn't the biggest lesson I learned.

 The biggest lesson I learned was that

I must stop listening to that voice inside of me telling me YOU CAN'T
and I must start listening to my own voice telling me YOU CAN.

That was a huge lesson.

There is a big world out there, my friends.


Deep Breath.

And, yes . . .  

Breath.
I can.

Comments

  1. I know I am not one of your "in-person" cellar friends...but I sure hope I can become one of them someday:) I believe in you...love ya'.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can, you silly goose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you can girl. I've always known that you could :)
    xoox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!