Our Visit to Madison

During our trip to Milwaukee last week, I knew that I had to do everything in my power to get myself over to Madison. Not only the state capitol of Wisconsin, but Madison is the town where my very favorite store in the whole wide world is . . . Anthology.

Have I ever told you about Anthology?

I first came across Anthology at The Creative Connection event I attended last September in Minnesota. The store was a vendor in the amazing marketplace at the conference, and I immediately fell in love with their table of vintage paper goods. I could have stood at their booth for hours (. . . wait a minute . . . I think I did stand there for hours), and I even threatened to pack myself up in one of their boxes so that I could find my way to their store. I knew their store had to have been even more wonderful than the booth . . . and it became my dream to visit it someday.

The owners of Anthology are sisters Sachi and Laura Komai, and they remind me very much of me and my own sister (who is also a "Laura".) These ladies are absolutely sweet and so very kind, and were so very humble at all of the gushing I did over their creative treasures. I think I probably scared them a bit, as I have a hard time controlling my excitement when I see them. But they handled me so gracefully and didn't squash my excitement one bit!

There is just something about this store that fills my creative spirit and makes me so very very happy. Maybe it is a picture perfect example of what I could only dream of my business being. Maybe when I walk in there, I think, "Yes . . . this is exactly what I want to have/do/be, only in my neighborhood." Whatever it is . . . the minute I walked into the store, I was like a kid in a candy store. It was so very exciting.

Here are a few photos that I took while there . . .




 




I'm sorry the photos are a bit blurry . . . I think I was so excited over being there, that I couldn't stand still enough to snap clear photos!

If you are traveling to Wisconsin in the future, stop on by! I am certain you will love your visit.

Their info:
Anthology
218 State Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53703
608-204-2644  

Regular hours: Monday through Saturday 11 am to 7 pm;
Sunday noon to 4 pm (start of daylight savings time to the end of December)
Winter hours: Monday through Saturday 11 am to 6 pm;
Sunday noon to 4 pm (end of December - middle of March)


And while in Madison, after shopping at Anthology - make sure you walk right over to The Old Fashioned restaurant for a lunch you'll never forget. Known for the best fried cheese curds in Wisconsin (and YES, I'm telling you . . . they were MELT IN YOUR MOUTH incredible! We had to order SECONDS!), you will be glad you did!


I truly can't wait to go back!!!

Comments

  1. Fried Cheese Curds? Now this is something new for me. (We don't know anything about cheese curds down here, but may I offer you a fried pickle or fried green tomato instead?) ;-) WOW.

    I can't get past the fried cheese curds.. sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison is such a cool town - reminded me a lot of Ann Arbor, when I was there. Too much fun at this store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure of a place Leanne I can see why you love to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!