Three Little Birds - Three Little Words

A happy song is playing in my head today. You know the one . . . Three Little Birds, by Bob Marley. I love Bob Marley, a true genius at putting words together with a rhythm and beat that moves my soul. I have always been a fan of his, way before I took that trip to Jamaica in 1995 with a friend of mine. When I hear Marley, my eyes close and before I know it, my body is swaying to the beat with little dips of the head taken here and there.

Today, I'm singing his song.

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', this is my message to you-ou-ou

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"
Oh, how I love that song.

A week or so ago, my friend Leslie from "Words of Me Project" posted an update on facebook asking what three words described how you feel at that moment. I commented "content, calm, hopeful", and I don't think there are any other words that could have said it better. 

Here I am, a couple weeks later, and I feel the same exact way.

Calm
not disturbed, agitated, or excited; under control
tranquil; serene

Content
satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else

Hopeful
full of hope; expressing hope
hope - the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best:

I'm so grateful for this time in my life. So blessed for all that I have been given, for the opportunities I have been handed, for the love I have received, and for the life I have.

It's taken me a while, but I truly realize that everything is going to be all right. No matter what happens in life, everything is going to be all right. Really. It's all right.

And every morning, I have a gentle reminder of just that . . . right outside my window.

Our sunflowers are on their way out for the season. They've grown just about as tall as they will grow, they've shined and brought us such joy this season. The heat is finally getting to them, as well as the birds. Three Little Birds. (Well, maybe four or five or six). The neighborhood finches (or, as I affectionately refer to as finchies) visit the sunflowers all day long and feast off of their goodness.


Perhaps it was their visit this morning that first put the song in my head . . . Three Little Birds, pitch by my doorstep . . . singing sweet songs . . . of melodies pure and true . . . singin' this is my message to you-ou-ou.   


Yes, my friends. Calm. Content. Hopeful.

That's me.

What are you right now? Leave me a comment with three words that describe you today. I'd love to know.

And I like it.

Comments

  1. Oh what a sweet post, Leanne!! This is the kind of post that hooked me into coming back again and again here:) You are quite a writer, friend;)

    Your sunflowers have brought you such joy that it makes me want to grow a few next year. I have always loved them.

    Three words....well at this very moment here is where I am at:)

    1. Hopeful...thinking about a new season right around the corner brings about a whole new set of goals for me...hopeful about that.

    2. Nervous...trying to figure out ho I am gonna make it all work...full-time work again, kids schedule, meals, art, blogging. WHEW!

    3. Happy...So grateful to be here to experience all my life has to offer...the good, the bad, the happy, the heart breaking, the stuff that wears me out both physically and mentally...all of it!!!

    Great post, sweets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm ... let's see:

    1. Relieved: HUGE deadline met last Wednesday, big deadline met today, lots of little deadlines met in between.

    2. Excited: new kinda project for me to tackle, now that some of the deadlines have been met - looking for food sponsors to support a monthly event, so I get to make new friends, network, line up colleagues and interviews ... :)

    3. Scattered: still too much going on, too many things to take care of, still more deadlines and projects and expectations and ....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!