December Daily . . . it's SO GOOD to be back!

Back in 2009, I did a "December Daily" scrapbook for our family. It wasn't my idea (although, I would just LOVE to take the credit for it)! Scrapbook extraordinaire, Ali Edwards, came up with the concept years ago. In 2009, I jumped on the wagon and joined along . . . for I felt life was passing me by way to quickly and wanted something to stop and capture (in my humble opinion) the most magical month in the year for our family. December.

I love that I can pull out that book from 2009, and see exactly what I was doing . . . today. Like, taking our family Christmas card photo . . .

I love that I can look and see the photos of my girls and remember their winter coats that year, or see how the curls on their sweet heads curved around the edges of their hats just so . . .


Oh, December of 2009 was a wonderful month.

I did it again, in 2010.

 
Our dearest friends, Kathleen and Maggie, came over for dinner on December 9th, 2010. It was a great night. I remember it like it was yesterday. (And I really need to have them over again!)
 


For some reason, I skipped 2011. I didn't do a December Daily for us last year. I think I was still in some sort of fog over the job loss and just not feeling the spirit. (Can you believe it?) I am not sure.

What I do know, though, is that . . . I miss it. I miss it, and I missed it, terribly. I miss that I don't have something to look at to bring me back to those days last year. And I think, because I wasn't taking the time each day to reflect on what was taking place, it really made a difference to my over all holiday cheer last year.

Because this little monthly journal is so much more than just . . . a journal. It's our memories. Our life. It takes a snap shot of what we are doing, and is forever there for me to relive, remember and reflect on this amazing life and the amazing opportunities we have in it.

So I decided quite a while ago that I would, without question, do a December Daily for 2012.

And I am.

And I am loving it.

It's really nothing fancy. I bought one paper kit at Archivers and am doing the whole book from this kit. Yes, I have tons of other holiday scrapbook accessories and embellishments . . . but I want it to be simple this year - easy to do without digging through bins and boxes - so this seemed a perfect fit.

And I am already, at day 7, loving it. I am capturing our moments, and find myself looking back on what we did just 5 days ago . . . and smiling.


Big smiles.


I'll be hand writing the whole thing . . . typos and all (yes, there will be typos . . . but that is, after all, LIFE.)


And at the end, it will be added to my collection of wonderful memories. And we'll enjoy it . . . for years to come.

Are you doing anything to reflect this holiday season? Leave me a comment and tell me about it. I'd love to know.

Wishing you Peace, my friends. All December Long!

Comments

  1. Love it and you - You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh friend, I get it. 2011 was a BUST as far as holidays, and it is sad to say - I hardly remember it. Maybe that's my mind's way of protecting me from bad feelings. But this is my wish for you - Capture those memories. Savor those memories and I wish you nothing but Christmas blessings all month long.

    Leanne.. I think it's almost time for me to visit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are doing this. I remember last year you and I both had trouble with the Holiday Spirit...which is so weird since we both LOVE Christmas!!! This year is so much better and the Spirit is here!! Yay!!!

    I won't do this this year...although I should since my son is graduating this year...but I think I will jot down what we do from today on. Thank you for this inspiration.

    I read part of your Disney post yesterday and am off to finish it today. I have ALL day to be on the computer if I want and create!! Whoo hoo!!

    Love you friend!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you are doing one this year. And I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!