The "Life is Good" Update

We're back!

From a whirlwind 6 days in the most magical place on earth . . . DISNEY WORLD!

Now the 5th of December . . . I am officially 5 days behind on my December Daily.

I have so much I want to share with you, so many posts to write, so many thoughts to tell you about . . . I feel like I'm back . . . ready to blog again, ready to tell some stories, ready to share our adventures. It feels . . . WONDERFUL!!!

I finished my temp consulting job I was doing, the day before we left for Disney. The "Two Week" turned "3 month" project came along at a really perfect time for me. I had been officially unemployed for a little over a year when my old employer called me (back in August) and asked if I could help them out with the project, and I think it was exactly what I needed to get myself back into the groove of real life again. While it was all good (and a great way to make money), I am glad that it has finished and I can get back to what was normal for me in the past year.

So . . . I finished the job. And then hopped a plane to Disney World!

We scheduled the trip months ago, but only decided to actually go on it a couple of weeks ago. Even though I have been working that short-term job, the cost of taking a trip to Disney is ASTRONOMICAL! I wasn't sure it was a wise decision for us (financially). But after a little shuffling of funds here or there, and with the help of Phil's frequent flyer miles and the generosity of family, we decided to DO IT!

And . . . I'm SO GLAD WE DID!

The trip was everything you expect Disney World to be . . . magical, beautifully decorated for the holidays, joyous, adventurous, and oh-so fun! With bags packed and smiles on our faces, we met up with two sets of aunties and uncles and had the time of our lives! Disney really is the happiest place on earth, I am sure of it. And for four days, we escaped the stress of day to day life and relished in the excitement of princesses, castles, roller coasters, Christmas carols, and Whoopi Goldberg. (YES! I said WHOOPI GOLDBERG! Oh, just wait until I tell you THAT story!!!)

Here are a few of my very favorite photos from the trip . . . Phil Guy took just about 900+ photos, so this is really just a little sampling.

A great photo of the King and Queen of Disney . . .
Mickey and Minnie Mouse!
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
- Walt Disney

This may be the family Christmas card picture this year . . .
I love that you can see Cinderella's Castle in the background . . . big sigh . . .

Cinderella's Castle . . . SO beautiful . . . it makes me weep each time I look at it.
Words cannot describe.

My souvenir splurge this year . . . a Mickey nutcracker.
Phil Guy insisted we buy it (even though it was WAY over our budget),
but he wanted me to have it so badly.
I collect nutcrackers, and I was overcome with emotions
at the thought of taking a Mickey one home!
It was the very first thing I unpacked last night,
and may have to stay on the mantle well past the holidays!

Phil Guy and a turkey leg . . . at Hollywood Studios! He said he had to get it . . . strictly for the photo opportunity! It is a great photo, don't you think?

My Instagram photo of the "Spectacle of Lights" at Hollywood Studios. It truly is something everyone should see - at least once in their life. BREATHTAKING!

The girls were in heaven . . . Christmas and Daddy . . . what more could you want our of life? ;)

And snow . . . Disney Style!

Ok . . . so before I leave you today . . . my Whoopi Goldberg Story . . . .

Epcot does a really amazing "Holidays Around the World: Candlelight Processional" event each holiday season. Taken from the Disney website, "The event retells the stirring story of Christmas with a special celebrity narrator accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and a mass choir. Candlelight Processional is a terrific way to get in the Christmas spirit and to share the magic of the season with your family and friends."  The night we were attending, Whoopi Goldberg was the scheduled celebrity narrator performing. We love Whoopi, so we were quite excited.

Earlier that day, we had lunch in Epcot's "Italy" called . . . Tutto Italia.

 
Lunch was delicious . . . we had a great waiter named Luca who took such care of us (I have a photo of him somewhere, but can't see to find it right now). He was adorable . . . here from Italy on a work program with Disney. He made the lunch such fun!
 


 
We were so thrilled to be there, and looking forward to our meal when all of a sudden . . . . WHOOPI herself walked into the restaurant and sat TWO TABLES AWAY from us! We were giddy. We didn't take a photo of her, because we really wanted to respect her privacy. But there was just something so thrilling about having her just a couple tables away. Luca (our waiter) was so excited to have Whoopi there, too! He took this photo of us above, after Whoopi left.
 
After her lunch, Whoopi walked past us again and I think my sister yelled out, "Bye, Whoopi!" and either Phil or I said, "We love you!" and she turned to us all and said, "Bye! Thank you!" We giggled and giggled like kids in a candy store as she left! Oh, how we laughed that WE "HAD A CONVERSATION" with Whoopi Goldberg! Even if it was just a few words exchanged . . . she looked at us, we looked at her, and we conversed! ;) That's a CONVERSATION, right?
 
Silly, I know . . . but so exciting.

The Candlelight Processional was amazing . . . and here is a photo Phil Guy took of our friend, Whoopi Goldberg, as she listened to the amazing choir.

It was a moment we will never forget.


So yes, my friends . . . LIFE is SOOOOO GOOD.

And I am so glad to share it with you!

I'll be back tomorrow with a post on my December Daily. Are you doing one this year? I am . . . and I am BEHIND! But I'll get to work on it later today.

Until then, wishing you a WONDERFUL day, friends.

Peace!



Comments

  1. WOW! How super cool fo ryou and your family. My daughter also collects nutcrackers and has quite the collection. Hope to see you Friday Love, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted to read you had a wonderful family holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that story? Your whoopi story is an excellent example of why I want more of you writing. YOU writing. Your stories. You are an excellent story teller, Leanne. You really, really are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post and the pictures!! The castle at night is beautiful I felt all the fun and excitement in this post with you:O)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne, I love how you tell stories! And these pictures inspire me to do more picture taking!! Now, I'm hoping the whole, "Hangin' with Whoopie" experience hasn't spoiled you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I would be thrilled too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!