My Word . . . Courage

I've been pulled towards blogland, again. The universe is telling me it's time to get back. I want to desperately catch up with dear friends from all parts of the globe and share my stories right back with them. It's a good feeling. I've been sort of burned out on the blog front for at least a year (yes . . . that long!) It all started back in January . . . when C.O.U.R.A.G.E. set in.

Remember the "Word of the Year" thing?

Well, if you don't - please allow me to refresh.

Every year for the past five years, I've followed the movement of a "Word of the Year" with a number of other blogland souls. The concept? To come up with a word to live life by or through or with. A word that would motivate you in your adventures. A word that would inspire you in your days. I love the "Word of the Year" idea.

In 2008, I longed for PEACE
In 2009, I yearned for BALANCE
In 2010, I sought to CREATE
In 2011, I hoped to BELIEVE
and
In 2012, I strove for COURAGE
 
Wow.
I can't believe I've been following along with the "Word of the Year" for . . . five years.
 
It's funny . . . when I look back at these words, each one has such a prominent meaning in my life. It immediately pulls be back to that time, and allows me to refocus on what was most important (and most needed) at that time of my life.
 
But . . . c o u r a g e ?
 
That one was a tough one.
 
cour·age:1. the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery. 2. Obsolete . the heart as the source of emotion.
 
I started standing up for myself in 2012. Tried to focus a little bit more on my spirit, and less on everyone else. It wasn't received well by many in my life. Some thought that I was on a 'kick'. Those people will never understand. For me, it was an important year. A year of taking control back in my life. A year of listening to my heart. A year to STOP. A year to GO. A year to look at fear, and face it. Fear of "what if" with my art. Fear of not being good enough. Fear of letting people down. And I did face it . . . in my own way. It was good.
 
But while facing all of that, I had major burn out. Burn out of writing. Burn out of giving.
 
Yes, it was important for me. All of it. And it was GOOD for me, too.
 
I'm not sure what direction I want to go in for 2013. I've been thinking a lot about it. I have so many wishes for 2013 . . . so many plans . . . so many ideas . . . what will my word be? There are quite a few in the running so far . . .
 
 
But the decision . . . time will tell.
 
Have you thought about your word yet?
 
Leave me a comment and let me know.
 
And I'll share mine with you closer to the New Year!
 
Peace, my friends. 


Comments

  1. Yup - been thinking about it all year, especially since we talked about it at the Art Institute. This year, I reached; next year ...???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have picked mine!!! I spent one day just going through all the words that spoke to me...I ended up picking one that I had been thinking about for awhile now...and it's so funny...because now that I have picked it...I keep seeing it!! Love that:)

    Thanks for always sharing here. You most certainly lived your word this year!!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! Has it been a year already?! I remember your word like it was last week! Girl, I am so proud of you for being true to YOU! It takes a lot of COURAGE to do just that especially when friends and family are so used to you giving, giving, and giving and never taking time for YOU! I'm anxious to see what your word is for 2013! As for me...I don't think I've ever picked a word to focus on. I'm going to have to think about it. Thanks for stopping by today! Your sweet words made my day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad to see you back in Blogland. It's not the same around here without you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind words on my blog recently. I can see you are up to amazing things.
    I just love what you have been creating.

    I love your COURAGE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even remember my word, but I do remember you. And I'm proud of you for standing up even when not everyone gets it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!