The New Year (well . . . almost) and my Ta-Da's!

Where, oh where, do the days go? I missed Christmas here on the ol'blog . . . the busyness of the season took hold, and the time completely got away from me. Before I knew it, I was putting away Christmas presents and thinking of the New Year! Oh, how bad am I?

I do hope you and yours had the most loveliest of Christmas holidays!
 
We certainly had a wonderful one in our happy chaos home. From major family visits, to good food and lots of laughs, I am in a bit of a holiday fog right now. I'm anxious for the new year to begin, feeling like it's time to move on and start anew. Oh, how I love the New Year!

I thought it was time to do something creative again, too . . . hence the new header. Back to the basics for me. I haven't had my little "Annalee" on my blog header for quite some time. She was calling me, so I had to add her in today. Not sure how long I'll keep the layout this way, or the font, or the header, but it works for now.  I just needed to simplify life a little right now. I'm starting here.

I think I go through that crash and burn time after every Christmas. This year I only did two Art & Craft fairs before the holidays, and an open house at my home. I have to say the creative business had it's best holiday yet, and I am so happy with the amount of items sold in both my Etsy shop AND my shows. (Thanks to all of those who contributed to my art life!) I am SO looking forward to creating some new art. I think all fellow artisans who make art and then try and produce various items from it probably go through a point of when they just get sick of looking at it. I certainly felt that way this month. I love my ornaments, jewelry, book marks, magnets and composition books . . . but I am anxious to start making some NEW work to put on all of them!

So many things to do . . . what better time to start my Ta Da List than RIGHT NOW? If you have followed my blog for a long time, you know that I do not care for the whole "To-Do" list idea, but rather a list of "Ta Da's" to focus on in the New Year. TA DA sounds like it is more of an announcement of GREAT magnitude! With GREAT enthusiasm! And I like the idea, very much, of approaching the New Year with enthusiasm, than approaching it with a list of unaccomplishable goals. Does that make sense? So, without further ado . . . I give you . . .

My 2013 Ta Da! List
  1. Return to writing. I miss it. Find that voice again, and share it. Write. Write. Write.
  2. Draw. Create. Dream. Believe. BLOOM. A rather vague "Ta Da", but one that I understand.
  3. Submit art to magazines for publishing.
  4. Develop online e-course. YOU CAN DO IT! 
  5. FINALLY start taking care of the body you have neglected for so long. I need to STOP allowing others to affect what I do to myself, and take control back. It's a big step. But I'm there.
  6. Organize Home Life . . . all of it. Closets. Drawers. Cabinets. Kitchen. Studio. ALL of it.
  7. Italy . . . September . . . PG and me . . . celebrating our 15th Anniversary . . . YES!
  8. Bring the music back to my life. Listen to it more. Discover new music. DANCE . . . all the time.
  9. Do a little renovating on the kitchen. Nothing too major (not moving any walls or anything like that), but maybe paint the cabinets and get a new counter top. Change it up . . . I love change!!!
  10. Yoga. Mind and Body. DO IT!
I thought I'd stop at 10 . . . although I could probably come up with a few more. But 10 seems to be a pretty good number. And looking over the list, I think it's do-able. 

So, there you have it, my friends.

My OFFICIAL 2013 TA-DA! LIST!

I'm excited. I'm nervous (but in a really really good way!). I'm hopeful. I'm going to BLOOM like I've never bloomed before.

Oh, and I'll be back TOMORROW with my Word for 2013. Although, you've probably figured it out already . . . I mean . . . it's as plain as day. Do you know what it is?

Leave me a comment and tell me the #1 item on YOUR Ta-Da List. I'd LOVE to know!

Comments

  1. Love your 2013 Ta-Da List! You have inspired me! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coucou (that's how you say hi in french) and Merry Christmas!

    Right now I have two Ta-Das. I am going to substitute decaf for caf when I drink coffee and alternate sugars for when I want sweets, and crackers and cereals for breads. Those are the things that make me tired and I want more energy to get up and go.

    The second thing is - I'm going to start publishing my memoire on my blog, one chapter each Monday starting in January. gulp. I'll be announcing that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year my friend! I love the one where you say you are going to bring more music back into your life! Dance! I love it! Next time you are in this area lets plan on going out dancing and a definite cup of coffee. Have a very happy New Year! You have accomplished so much in this year. You will do so much more in the coming year and years! You are amazing!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Leanne! I started my 2013 Bucket List at the beginning of December. So I can't say I have a number one (most important) one in the #1 position on the list. Let's just say that my #1 thing to focus on in 2013 is getting back to basics. Like taking care of me..healthy eating, exercise, meditation. I think if I start there, the other stuff will come easy. At least that's the plan. Looking forward to hearing your Word for 2013 and watching how it "grows" throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!