A Million Thoughts Update

Oh, my friends . . . what a busy week it was. I've got lots of stories to update you on, and this time, I am going to do my very best to do just that! It's Sunday morning here . . . the house is still quite (yay!) . . . I just cropped all the photos from my camera . . . I have a full cup off coffee . . . and blogland is my oyster! I thought I would just sit and write as many blog posts as I can this morning. I have a list a mile long of all that I wanted to share on here. So this morning, I hope to get as many written as possible. With any luck, we'll have at least a week or two of some new material to ponder . . . YAY!

Before we get into any deep thinking . . . I'll leave that for Tuesday or Wednesday, perhaps . . . I have to share our major weekend celebration with you.

Drum roll . . . please . . .

Because, my friends . . . I have . . . a TEN YEAR OLD!!!

Yep. Katie Girl, Katherine Josephine, Katie-Potatie, (and all the other names I've given her through the years) has turned 10.

And I feel like I'm 80.

Ok. Maybe 70.

To think, she was a meer SIX YEARS OLD when I began this blog . . . I am amazed at how much she has grown. The very first post I ever wrote about Katie was called "Katie and the Red Dot" (you can read it if you click on the post title.) I remember really thinking long and hard about whether I was going to write about my kids on this blog, or not. But truth be told . . . my kids are a HUGE part of my life. It seems almost unrealistic, the thought of not writing about them. And while I know some day they will probably be upset with me for sharing so many stories about them here . . . I hope that deep down they will love the fact that they have these memories captured somewhere. I think they will.

So, Katie . . . ten . . . sigh.

Planning a birthday party for the big 1-0 was not a small feat. We decided upon a pool party sleep over with some of her dearest friends, followed by a trip to the shopping mall - where the girls were allowed to walk around, brace yourself (gulp), BY THEMSELVES - and ended the festivities with a lovely spaghetti lunch at Buca di Beppo (one of our favorite celebratory restaurants). YIKES!

It was jam-packed, but such a great way to welcome in her 10th year.

And me? I couldn't be prouder, happier, or more in love with my new 10 year old than ever before.

Here are just a few photos of the fun . . .

Pool time! I love our little donut pool . . . it is still just the perfect size for the girls
(and for Phil and I, too!)

Cupcakes, anyone?

She is such a ham . . . I wonder where she gets that from! ;)

Getting ready to go to the mall . . . they are just as beautiful on the inside as they are out.

The girls had their own table . . . because, you know, they're like . . . 10 . . . !
(all but Ella . . . thank goodness!)

But even this 10 year old snuggles!!

And a super-duper-Buca-brownie sundae!
Is there a better way to end the day?
I think not!

Happy Birthday Katie!!!

Thanks for allowing me today to share her special day with you!

Make sure you come back on Tuesday, where I've share a special "Liebster Award" I received from my dear Blog friend Nat!!!! Evidently, there are some questions Nat has asked of me that I need to answer . . . will be LOTS of fun!!!

And then stay tuned all week, where I'll have a new blog post every other day!!! I feel those creative writing juices flowing, friends!!! Life is Good!

As always, wishing you peace!

xo

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday, Katie!! So very glad you had an awesome day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous birthday celebration for a beautiful young lady :-) Happy, happy birthday Katie!
    Really looking forward to your answers, Leanne....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL TEN YEAR OLD you have:) Seriously...a bright shining star:) LovE that sundae and all the fun you had:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How FUN! I like this birthday party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!