Purposeful Me


My friends . . . I have a purpose.

It's taken a while . . . to find it. It's been one of the longest and hardest struggle I've ever had, to be honest with you.

When the company I worked for closed our Chicago office two years ago (yes . . . it's been two years next month . . . wow), I had no idea what the future would hold. For the first time in some 25 years, I did not have a time card to punch, a voice mail to check, or a meeting to run. For the first time . . . ever . . . I only had me, my husband, and my girls, to take care of.

Yes, I had the support of an amazing husband who said, "don't worry . . . we'll be just fine," and I had the love of two little girls who said, "yay!! Mommy is home with us now!" But, while working through those feelings of actually losing my job . . . I knew that at some point I would need to open a new door. Start a new chapter. Begin a new story.

The past two years have been . . . life changing . . . to say the least.

When you are able to actually stop long enough to see the world around you, a lot can happen.

You might wake up. You might realize that YOU matter. You might realize that only YOU can make yourself happy. You might understand that you can NOT make others happy . . . that they, too, are in charge of their own destiny. You might get tired, so very tired, of all the expectations that have been placed on you. You might just finally stand up for yourself. You might finally be strong enough to stop trying to please everyone else . . . and learn to LOVE who you are, what you are, and where you are in life . . . . right at this very minute.

And you might just happen to find your purpose.

Everyone needs a purpose, don't you think? My girls . . . yes, they are my purpose. But even they can't be my sole purpose. They are growing. They are thriving. They are learning to live their life. And they are LOVING the life they are living. I am here, and always will be, to protect, guide, support and love unconditionally. But they don't need me hovering. They don't need me controlling. They don't need me to try and turn them into something they are not. So, while they provide much purpose for me in my life . . . there has to be more. I am more. And I have known that, for the past two years.

This week, I feel as if I have found my purpose. While it may not be my purpose forever more . . . it is my purpose right NOW.

I started teaching art classes at our nearby Park District. It's been a dream for me. BIG time. It's been a passion of mine, sometime I've wanted to do my whole life, something that is so much more than just teaching a class.

It's been something that I can honestly say is my very own. From my very soul.

Not because my mother got me in the field (as she did health care - some 25 years ago), not because my sister helped me with my resume (as she generously has so many times for so many years), not because my friend set up the interview for me. I made the call. I made the art. I wrote the ideas. I followed my dream.

And now, I have this purpose.

Right now, there are six women, for six weeks, who are allowing me to share my purpose with them. And hopefully, God willing, there will be many many more to follow.

They have no idea what they are doing for my spirit right now. I don't think they ever will.

But I thank them, with my whole heart.

And I thank you, for always allowing me the opportunity to share my heart, my head, my life with you.

Peace, my friends.

And, in case you aren't sure what yours is yet . . . here's to finding YOUR purpose.

xo

Comments

  1. Time to celebrate YOU!!! Congratulations and good luck with your new venture but I know you don't need luck as your creative, smart self is all you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your passion for teaching Leanne!! It fills me up like nothing else. I am proud and happy and soooo excited that you are on this journey. Those women are so very blessed to have you as their teacher. Not only are you full of beautiful and meaningful ideas but you will give them everything in your heart. Keep and dreaming and believing Leanne!!!

    Les

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!