Filling my Soul in Arizona

We went away for a few days . . . to sunny (and so so hot) Arizona.

And there is nothing like renewing the soul a thousand miles away from reality. Nothing like getting away from the laundry, the chores, the worries. Nothing like closing your eyes and feeling the sun work it's magic on your soul.

It was a beautiful trip. Swimming, laughter, a few good drinks, quality time with some dear dear friends, and being closer to Gods art. That's what the whole scenery of Arizona looks like to me . . . like God's very own Mixed Media piece. From cactus and desert to His own mountainous cathedrals, I spent the past few days reflecting and taking it all in. And it was . . . wonderful.

I thought I'd share some pictures with you of our adventure. Some I've already shared on Instagram and/or Facebook, and some are from our digital camera. These are my very favorite photos from our trip . . . sigh . . . I miss it already . . .


Arizona . . . it has to be one of my top 5 places in the country. We started our trip in Phoenix, and there is really nothing like those cactus to pick up my spirits and leave me laughing. I think they are the funniest things on earth - really. Each one having its very own personality . . . . just like people. LOVE them so.

We were joined this trip by our oldest and dearest friends, the Hughes family. Kathleen, Maggie and Mike. Kath and I have been friends since we were seven years old . . . it was absolutely wonderful having them along for the adventure!


Our second day was spent driving up the state, stopping in Flagstaff for a perfect photo opportunity, and then heading on to the Grand Canyon. This next picture reminds me of God . . . heaven and earth . . . it gives me chills.


Phil took these two photos of the girls . . . they are just gorgeous (both the girls, and the photos). You really must click on the two photos and see them larger sized . . . they are just awesome shots. I look at them and I can't believe how big my daughters are getting. . . how they are growing right before my very eyes. This trip was full of lots of little moments of "sigh" for me. I can't believe these girls . . . are . . . mine.


Next, we arrived at the Grand Canyon. . . . and what can I possibly say about it?  I've decided that my pictures don't do it justice, at all. It's kind of one of those amazing places that you have to see with your very own eyes to get the true feeling. But here are a few panoramic photos Phil took that bring me right back to the magnificence of it all . . . again, you might have to click on them to see them a bit larger.




Truly . . . I am at a loss when trying to explain my feelings there . . .


Katie loved this trip . . . she adores traveling just as much as Phil and I, and she absolutely LOVED learning about the whole state.



I asked her how she felt while at the Grand Canyon, and she told me it made her feel "very, very small." I think that was a great way to describe it. We talked about how BIG the Grand Canyon was, and how when you think of our planet, the Arizona is such a SMALL piece of it . . . I told her that there was a WHOLE WORLD out there with amazing places to visit and things to see. I think this girl wants to SEE them all . . . and I LOVE that.


Of course, there was lots of pool time . . .


And wonderful dinners . . .


and lots and lots of dancing . . . oh, this photo reminds me of me and Kathy, some 30+ years ago. I love it.

I think we could have sat at this restaurant all night long and listened to this man play. And I'm pretty sure he thought we were never going to leave, too.


Yes, this was a wonderful wonderful trip.

But above all it of it . . . it allowed me to fill my soul. With nature. With laughter. With a joy that I so desperately needed.


And this photo . . . it is exactly what will bring me back to that place whenever I need it.

Peace, my friends.

And make sure you come back on Tuesday. I'm having a give-away to celebrate the start of my Art Classes at the Park District. Tuesday a dream is coming true for me, and I want to share the JOY with you.

xo

Comments

  1. these photos are beautiful...your girls ARE growing up!!WOW...they both were so little when I found you on the Web!!! And the Grand Canyon is one of those places I MUST see!!!!

    How special for you and your friend to spend time together...I have a sweet friend I have known since we were two. Soooo special!!

    Love ya girly:)

    Leslie


    Oh YAY on the art classes...you will be AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leanne what a lovely trip!! I so enjoyed your Instagram pictures - but these just enhance your trip even more!!! Isn't it amazing that even a desert can look beautiful.

    Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar! Loved seeing pictures of your trip and hearing about how it filled up your soul! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!