R E N E W . . . Day by Day

So, I am renewing. Day by day.

For those of you who read my last post, and those who commented with such love and support . . . I thank you. I am ok. I promise. Day by day.

I've started, by spending more time outside. Getting out of the house, breathing in some fresh air (now that my allergies are more under control), getting away from the telephone and all the other things that give me anxiety and taking in the beautiful life around.

I've gone on about four bike rides since my last post. Not very long ones. But long enough to close my eyes and feel the cool breeze on my face. Long enough to clear my mind and listen to the birds flying by. Long enough to get away from all the anxiety for a bit.

I've also stopped eating bread. I'm trying. Again. Day by day. I had pasta last night  . . . couldn't help myself. But haven't had bread in a few days. That's a good thing.

And, I'm taking pictures again . . . a lot of them. Right now, they are primarily of my roses. Have you seen my roses? Well, if you are a Facebook or Instagram friend of mine, you know that I am obsessed with my rose bushes this year, and have been taking way too many photos of them. I just.can't.stop. I actually do put the iPhone down, though, and venture out with our good camera. We bought a Canon T "something or another" last year, and I am just now exploring and learning more about it. It makes me . . . happy!

There are always millions of things to take photos of in the spring and summer, don't you think? If you don't mind, I'd love to share a few of my photos with you.

Remember this photo of my rose bush and the single rose that I shared with you a few weeks ago? I actually took that photo on May 22nd. The lonely rose bud. 


It is hard to imagine that single rose is now in the company of so many . . .


Honest to goodness . . . . there are no photoshop tricks here, my friends. THESE are my rose bushes.


They truly are a gift from God. Each and every day, they get more and more beautiful. Truly. I love how they keep growing - right there, on the same branches, young and old right next to each other. One after another, and I certainly don't mind.


Today I went out and took about 40 pictures of them (yes, seriously). I love to watch flowers when the sun is shining brightly. They flowers stand so tall at attention, as if Mr. Sunshine himself is calling on them to stand up straight. Beautiful.


While out there taking photo after photo, a neighbor called at me from down the block. "Do you think you have enough pictures of those yet?" he asked. I think he is just jealous that he doesn't have pretty rose bushes . . . but I yelled back that I probably did have enough pictures, and turned towards our clematis to take a photo of them. There they were, all ready for their close-ups. I love the young buds, reaching towards the sunshine. These are going to be even more stunning in a few more days.


Of course, not all my photos this summer have been of flowers. I do like to snatch a few of the other joys in my life . . . like this one of Ella taken a few weeks ago . . .


. . . although, she might not be like the flowers . . .


. . . she really is more of a HAM, don't you think?
 

Yes, a ham. For sure. Oh, and yes . . . there are about 5 dimples on that face . . .  5 of them! And NO, you can't have them . . . they are all mine! ;)

Now, back to today's photography field trip . . . and the whole idea of renewing.

We have another robin's nest in our backyard. Each year we get one on our garage side door light, and we leave it there all season, as usually more than one bird will nest there throughout the summer. We've already had one there this year.

A few days ago, Phil mentioned we had another nest at the back of our house, nestled on some old tiki torches. And sure enough, as I walked around snapping photos today . . . I caught a robin flying swiftly away from this area. The nest is surprising open and low to the ground for all to see. And as soon as I knew that the nest was clear, I held up my camera and did my best to catch a glimpse inside.


Aren't they the most beautiful thing? The color makes my heart stop. Restoring life . . . right there . . . growing . . . dreaming . . .  life . . . spiritually . . . rebuilding . . . RENEW.

Looks like the birdies got the message, huh?

I'll do my best to catch our new friends when they join us.

Until then . . . thanks for letting me share with you today.

Speaking of sharing . . .

My dear friend Leslie at "Words of Me Project" is doing something wonderful on her blog this year. It's called "Being Me" and it is art journal prompts and a bunch of soul searching goodness FOR FREE, every single Monday. (Yes, my friends . . . FREE! She is just THAT awesome!) I've know Les for YEARS now (seriously . . . YEARS) and she is by far one of my dearest blog friends. In her very first post for this "Being Me" offer, she writes "This class has come at a time in my life where I am done living from day to day with just enough "happy" in me to barely get by. I am ready for some full-time JOY and energy to enjoy my family, my art and to fulfill all my dreams. The time is NOW to get my groove on and I intend on giving you and myself everything in my heart." 

Boy oh boy, doesn't it sound like I could REALLY USE this right now? I know I am ready for some full-time JOY, so I intend on following along all year long (June 1, 2013 through May 31, 2014). You can click on this button to connect to her blog.


That's all for now, loved ones.

Taking a few days to enrich the soul . . . I'll be back soon with more updates on life.

As always, I wish you peace!

Day by Day.

xo

Comments

  1. Halfway thru scrolling down this post, looking at the beautiful roses, I smelled them. Don't ask me how, but I caught the fragrance! Here's what's baffling me. You live about 50 miles south of me, but your flowers are so much farther ahead in blooming than ours.
    Did I tell you that the pictures you posted on Facebook inspired me to go out and get my own Knock Out rose bush? Oh yeah....I want some of that beauty in my back yard!!
    Talk about renewal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your clematis growing on? It's a climber right? Ours looks so measly - we tried to get it to grow on the fence, but it's also right behind the lavender, tulips and irsises so it might not have enough nutrients.

    Gorgeous roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses make me happy!!! And I LOVE that you are feeling better...I swear just being outside picks me up on many days!!! And your sweet little girl is GROWING! She has changed so much since we connected YEARS ago...wow, it has been years!!!!

    Thank you for sharing my class on your blog...you are the best!!

    Lots of love!!!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!