No Place Like It

We've been so busy the past week or so . . . from trips into the city, a day at the Art Institute, an over night at Nana and Papa's, and blueberry picking fun . . . my mind is racing. I think I've taught a few art classes in between, too . . . although I might be imagining that.

Phil is in the middle of a nightmarishly hectic work season, and has to miss most of the fun. This makes me uber sad, and also gives me a for real experience of being a single mom.

And let me tell you . . . it's exhausting.

Our summer calendar has been filled out thoroughly and very strategically, with plans and opportunities for adventures at almost every hour. And it is catching up to me.

I am  l o n g i n g  for some free time, as I've decided this constant activity is not good for my soul. I need quiet time. Unscheduled days. Moments when I can allow my head to move from thought to thought freely, without forcing it to adapt to the craziness of our days.  I'm having these fits of "Crazy-Flipped Out-Stepping on a Barbie Shoe" mom moments, when my two kids think they have finally pushed me to the brink of insanity. Then, I have these little (albeit brief) moments of complete and total calmness that takes over me. I like those moments best.

I need more of them.

Phil will be off tomorrow, and I've planned . . . nothing. Just us, our house, our little blow up pool in the backyard, maybe a summer cocktail (or two), and perhaps . . . a nap. It sounds like the perfect way to spend a day with the ones I love.

It never fails . . . home is where my heart is. Even with all the great adventures I've been on this summer, and all the ones planned for the coming months, there is only one place where I can truly say am most happy.

 
Yep . . . home.
 
There's no place like it.
 
Wishing you peace, my friends . . .
 
xo

Comments

  1. Sounds like the perfect fix for what is ailing you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hear you about simply wanting a day to do nothing! We have been so busy also and today I just want to spend time with my daughter just with no plans. I hope you are doing great my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!